“Have not heard from u,no mailers,Anthony&Doanie Stahl” 5 of 5 bubbles

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Have not heard from u,no mailers,Anthony&Doanie Stahl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband & i have been going for about 8yrs. Unlike other"boat type cacinos" the horeshoe hotel is very beautiful & classy, highley recomined starting there. the conveience of getting to casino from room is fast, there is a 5 seater golf cart ready to take u from hotel room to WOW, the casino, lovin it,,, Anthony & Doanie

Room Tip: waiting for comp. mailer!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Have stayed at his hotel and casino 3 times. Every time it has been very clean and the personnel have been very friendly and helpful. The hotel always seems to have a lot of children there, not sure why people would bring kids nor what the kids would do all day. Hotel is located across the street and behind a parking garage through an enclosed (large) walkway and shopping area complete with restaurants. For those that don't want to walk the have a courtesy golf cart ( like the airports) to transport you. Join total rewards club and you can earn free stays and other stuff. The boat (casino) is nice with free soft drinks and fair priced alcoholic drinks. There is also a deli on the boat for your hunger pains. Then of course they have available "gameing" to help pay for all the employees wages and the facilities. Three hour drive and we drive by three other casinos to get there but it is our favorite. My only 2 wishes is that Indiana would limit smoking in public buildings like every other state and to win big on my next trip there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Ky.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Spent the night here last week with some family members. This room was totally clean. Clean comfortable bed. Just a real nice place to stay. A bit noisy next door with the little kids, yeah I could not believe that either, but not real bad. What do little kids do in a casino anyway. Service checking in and out was great. Very nice helpful front desk people. If you have doubts about staying here, leave them be. It is a nice well maintained place. A bit stinky in some areas due to rampant smoking, but not as bad as I thought is would be. Bearable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hopsaregood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Rooms are very nice, beds are amazingly comfortable. The walk to get from the hotel to the boat is rediculous. It took me 30 minutes to walk from the hotel to the casino. Thats not fun when you get to the casino and realize you forgot your ID in your room. Went to play a slot machine and won $88, when I went to cash it in, the computer said invalid, took it to the cashier and a guy came up, who was very rude, and accused me of stealing the ticket! Needless to say, I didn't walk out with my $88. The restaraunt food was amazing and had a wide selection. My husband cleaned out the blackjack table though, so take that.... horseshoe!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank twebster8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Just celebrated my bday here!! The people who complain just like to complain. The rooms are very very nice the drinks are inexpensive and the people are beyond nice!! Check in took all of about 2 minutes. The room had a huge flat screen newly remodeled carpet and smelled clean. When you check in they tell you about the mini bar and snacks and you must sign for it. The idiots that didn't realize this read!! Where have you ever been and that's free?! Casino is great. Doesn't smell like smoke at all. Will be back soon

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Pepsi991
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Let me start by saying we are not gamblers so I can't judge the casino (it's the only one we have ever visited). We went for Jim gaffigan in the showroom. I made our reservation on Tues. For Fri. Night & they accomodated my request for a higher floor on the river side (per what I read on here), but they had sold out of king rooms. The bathroom was not as nice as in the pics but it was big and clean. I had registered online for Ultimate rewards and when we went to the casino, they gave us a voucher for a free night m-thurs. We ate at legends at the bar, which was good (we didn't have to wait, 5 beers, app, and entrée for$30. I read the previous review, and I have to say, the room was more than we wanted to pay, but we are not the type of people who try to get free stuff or feel entitled to it. We had an issue w/ 1 entrée at legends and they remade the food And took it off our bill. All in all, a good time, and EVERY emp. Treated us with respect and courtesy.

Room Tip: If you feel like "gambling" on your room, wait until your event gets closer. Ours went fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessie S
New Hope, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Booked two rooms for Saturday 1/14/2012 thru Orbitz and arrived at the hotel to check in and Krystal behind the desk informed me that I did not have any rooms reserved. She could not find my reservation; that had already been applied to my credit card. Thank goodness I had my confirmation information with detail trip summary. Waited over an hour for her to fix the problem....finally got two floors that were on different floors...My husband and I finally got to our room and the bathroom was disgusting. Someone left a very big messy surprise! Then when we returned back that evening the TV would not work.....Tried getting some Paula Dean buffet tickets for having to wait and Kyrstal shot that down quicker than I could finish.....NOT PLEASED AT ALL WITH THE HOTEL.....and lost money in the casino!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carrie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Comfort Inn Louisville
#51 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!