“everything smelled like smoke” 1 of 5 bubbles

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bedford
“everything smelled like smoke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We changed rooms 3 times because we wanted a non smoking room due to allergies. Every room smelled worse than the last. I had 2 children with me and felt terrible because they had to sleep in a room that smelled like smoke something awful. The in room prices were ridiculous as a 2 oz can of nuts was 9 bucks!!! I paid 75 dollars for my room and that was 70 dollars too much for a smokey room that was unfit to sleep in. The casino was fine but I will never stay in the hotel again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Cory B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here before late last year. The location takes a bit to locate as its not too close to the highway but its worth it. Casino is multiple floors, clean, and staff very nice. The buffet is Paula Deans, which is very good,however the wait was really bad at over a hour, and while we waited we could see all the empty tables that they were too short staffed to seat people at. How aggravating! But hotel rooms are very clean, beds are terrific. Rear rooms face hills. Pool and hot tub were nice, has a walking trail outside, also nice.

Room Tip: Rear view is nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mustachemark1
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The rooms were nice and spacious, the bed was comforter, but the pillows tended to be on the hard side. The common area leading to the casino had the ceiling painted like the sky (just like the hotels in Vegas). However, the most impressive part is that I left an insulated plastic cup in the lobby, I sat it down on a table when I put my luggage down. I realized that I had left it in the hotel lobby after I got home. The cup had been placed into the lost and found and the housekeeping staffed boxed it up and mailed it to me free of charge. I received it within two days of calling (I called on a Monday and received it that Wednesday.) This extra effort made my very good rating to an excellent rating.

Becareful, the address on the receipt from our online reservations is NOT the correct address. My gps didn't recognize the address or the casino, its a rather new gps that I bought this past Christmas, so we entered Elizabeth, IN and ended up somewhere way out in the country. The address above is the correct one.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are probably great. Remeber to sign up for a "rewards" card for a cheaper...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TMT121
clemson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

My sister and I had so much fun back in October 2011 that we've got another trip planned for the Memorial Day weekend. We could not find 1 thing to complain about. Everything was perfect and the staff is great. I sure hope we don't get disappointed this time around. I'm so looking forward to the trip I can't even sleep at night for thinking about it. We usually go to Tunica or Biloxi but now Horseshoe Indiana is our favorite. The walk from the hotel to the casino is not bad at all. If you're like me, you need a little walking every day. It's inside and very scenic. The casino's are not near as smokey as some travelers claim they are. The slots are just like they are anywhere else. Some are tight while others aren't. We actually left winning enough money to pay for our trip. As we southerners say..."see ya'll soon".

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank teamoney
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I usually go to the casino once or twice a month since I live 30min away. I decided to use one of my comp rooms for just a night of relaxation. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly and check in took about 5min. I had a king room that was nice and for the most part clean with the exception of the bathroom vents being dirty and dusty and the corners of the bathroom were dirty as well but overall the room was nice and clean. The shower however was not made for taller people and the water pressure was not that great. Overall it was a nice stay and I do plan on returning more often as I can get a comp room most times. If you are just looking for a nice not to fancy place to stay Horseshoe is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband & i have been going for about 8yrs. Unlike other"boat type cacinos" the horeshoe hotel is very beautiful & classy, highley recomined starting there. the conveience of getting to casino from room is fast, there is a 5 seater golf cart ready to take u from hotel room to WOW, the casino, lovin it,,, Anthony & Doanie

Room Tip: waiting for comp. mailer!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Have stayed at his hotel and casino 3 times. Every time it has been very clean and the personnel have been very friendly and helpful. The hotel always seems to have a lot of children there, not sure why people would bring kids nor what the kids would do all day. Hotel is located across the street and behind a parking garage through an enclosed (large) walkway and shopping area complete with restaurants. For those that don't want to walk the have a courtesy golf cart ( like the airports) to transport you. Join total rewards club and you can earn free stays and other stuff. The boat (casino) is nice with free soft drinks and fair priced alcoholic drinks. There is also a deli on the boat for your hunger pains. Then of course they have available "gameing" to help pay for all the employees wages and the facilities. Three hour drive and we drive by three other casinos to get there but it is our favorite. My only 2 wishes is that Indiana would limit smoking in public buildings like every other state and to win big on my next trip there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Galt House Hotel
Comfort Inn Louisville
#50 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!