“Please read. Very substandard property, BUT great people.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I hate giving a poor review, especially about a quality chain like Holiday Inn Express. They are my go-to hotel for travelling. I rate them 3-4 usually on the basis of how well they meet the standard. That said, this facility is "don't do". The people were very nice and helpful, although the guy in front of me had a problem at check in and the manager and the other employee spent a lot of time I thought could have been taken care of by the manager herself and freed up the other guy to serve those waiting in line. She was apologetic, however. Food was OK. The problem was the facility itself. The construction of the building itself is along the lines of low budget hotels. Walls and ducting allowed conversations to be easily heard down the hall and from rooms above and below. Floors are soft giveable plywood that allow every step to be heard above and next door. No way to get sleep in this. This is NOT a HIE usual thing. Next rip, I'll use a different HIE closer to town. This property is very convenient to the Interstate, but you have to drive anyway to get to restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Don't! The building itself doesn't allow for quiet or privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
RBauer2015, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the noise. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We stayed here to visit relatives over Thanksgiving. The staff was really nice and so was the room. The room was clean, modern, and the beds were comfortable. Our only disappoint is that the indoor pool was closed for painting. We chose the hotel mostly for its locations (near I-64), but it's not near much in Evansville if you are planning a trip there. The other reason we chose the hotel was so that the kids could enjoy the pool, and it was disappointing to them to not be able to swim. It would have been nice to know when we booked the room. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the pool being painted. Unfortunately there is just not a good time to make those kinds of enhancements to the pool. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are visiting family in the area.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was good, especially the cinnamon rolls. What I did not enjoy was the noise. Our room was right next to the lobby. A softball team was staying there at the time and adults were extremely loud in the lobby until late hours of the night. This of course isn't fault of the hotel but you could hear everything. Ask for a room on the 4th floor unless you enjoy ceiling noise. General walking sounded like a stampede.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
RBauer2015, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the noise you experienced during your recent visit. We are currently in the process of addressing the issue to eliminate that problem in the future. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The room was large and had the accessible features my wife requires which she had me needs especially grab bars. Room was well organized with comfortable chair which she used and a good office type chair for me. Room has wardrobe and plenty of furniture space. We had two queen beds. Shower has two shower heads which is helpful. Breakfast had pancakes which she found fun and included oatmeal, scrambled eggs one day and omelettes the next, dry cereal, fruit, hot cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagels, flavored and regular yogurt , and hot chocolate and the usual coffee and tea. Omelettes rated a favorite by her as well as me. There is plenty of space in breakfast area which also serves as lobby area. USA Today provided. Check in and out was great. Large screen TV great for World Series. Wi-Fi good and business center has two computers and a printer.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
RBauer2015, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I am happy the ADA room met all your needs during your stay and you found it spacious and comfortable. We hope you will visit us again.

T. S.
Director of Sales

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the updated decor and large room we received! The bed was very comfortable and I always love when the vanity and sink are separate from the shower! My only complaint was the noise from the room above. If you plan on sleeping in, ask for a 4th floor room. Staff very friendly!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced during your stay. It will be investigated and a solution found. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new Formula Blue design.  It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 24 October 2016

This hotel was refurbished about a year ago and is very modern and nicely appointed. Our room was comfortable. Breakfast was the basic Holiday Inn Express fare. This was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
RBauer2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inns across the US. This is far the most beautiful comfortable setting I have seen in any of the hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are very well decorated, the entire hotel is very clean. I will be staying at this hotel again when I returned to Evansville.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you appreciated our setting and the new "Formula Blue" design at the hotel.  I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We Look forward to your next visit.