“Nice place to end a long day of travel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were about as tired as we could be at the end of a day of driving, and we decided to try this hotel. The front desk clerk Joshua was great--he saw how tired we were and made an extra effort to get us into a nice room so we could rest. Everything was clean and well-maintained, and breakfast was very good. I recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2017

When I'm traveling I want a hotel that is clean, comfortable, and provides a dependable breakfast. This IHG property does just that. It is new and very clean. The room furnishings are different from others. Not the typical style of furniture. A little new wave here. Good but different. The breakfast was plentiful and good. The front desk staff was very friendly and checked us in quickly and efficiently. Overall it's a typical IHG cookie cutter design but they did a good job on this one. I'd recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I've stayed at this hotel several times and each time I've booked my stay I remember the noise. The walls are thin, the floors are plywood and this time, I had someone that would not stop walking above me. The staff is nice and for keeping the theme of Holiday Inns it is a nice hotel. I just wish the building was constructed better to eliminate noise. I would say out of the 20 or so Holiday Inn's I've stayed at within 300 miles of this hotel, it is the loudest because of poor construction.

Room Tip: Book the highest floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Hi Todd N,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your stay with us and for choosing our property. It is nice to know that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient. Our team always make sure we accommodate our guest's needs and concerns. However, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you may have endured with the noise levels. I apologize you found your stay with us to be less than satisfactory. We take all comments negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve what we can offer. Your comments have been forwarded to our maintenance department for evaluation and future upgrade.

Again, thank you and we hope to serve you soon and provide a better experience.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Great check in and out. Breakfast great - egg white vegetable omelets, pancakes, hot chocolate, and usual items. Room was accessible and large/comfortable. TV good with the balll games we wanted to watch. Hallmark channels would be a welcome addiition, Grab bars placed with the best benefit to those needing them in an accessible roo.m, Exercise room and business center excellent Friendly staff and good service throughot our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stay here regularly. Rooms are nicely laid out with a better than average work station. Beds are comfortable and rooms are dark and quiet at night. I would note that for some reason in some rooms you can hear the ceiling creak when someone in the room above walks around but I didn't find this a problem. Internet is usually working well. Staff is always helpful. Denny's and McDonalds within easy walk.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

If your company is paying for your room. They will tell you they are totally booked, if they have any chance of selling out at full price. Proof, I booked through reservations got a room. Upon presenting my CLC Card. The staff showed signs of uneasiness, and the following day was cancelled. This all happened as a manager offered a room for $89 (CLC rate) to a phone customer. CLC members are more than welcome when they are starving. Ohh...no HIC points for you. Get the top floor because the whole building is wooden, anybody above you is amplified.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Carhauler123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We regret to hear the issues you had with your reservation. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I stayed here for one night on business and was impressed with this brand new hotel. Ashley got us checked in quickly and I was very pleased with the large first floor room. The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. Everything was well laid out and the AC worked perfectly. My ONLY complaint is that there was some space around the top of my door. You could see the light from inside my room peeking out over the top of the door. This wasn’t a huge issue, but I stayed in room 117 which was right next to the side exit and the sound didn’t seem to be blocked as well as it could have been. The next morning’s breakfast was great, the typical Holiday Inn spread, but there was something for everyone. We were able to jump on 41 and head into downtown Evansville with no issue. The 20-25 minute drive was easy and we didn’t feel like it was too much of a trek. Overall, I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business