“Loved it”
Review of Monkey Hollow Winery - CLOSED

Monkey Hollow Winery
Reviewed February 8, 2018

My sister and brother in law took us here on a visit in July. We loved everything about the place. The home is beautiful, the good was great and homemade, and the service was very good. Love to find these kind of places when we travel. Nice to get away from the usual fare.

2  Thank SmokiesJunkie

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We were there on a Friday night, but it wasn’t busy at all. However, we had a wine tasting (free) and chose which wine we wanted to have with our ‘lite’ meal. This place offers paninis, wraps, soups and salads; which was fine since we had stayed overnight at a local BB and the breakfast lasted all day!
We were all well-pleased with our menu choices and enjoyed reading about the history of the home the Bistro is located in.
They offer music sometimes but not the evening we were there.
All in all they were worth returning to for a ‘lite’ meal; perhaps a lunch next time.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We so enjoyed our meal at the bistro, housed in an historic home in Ferdinand. Our sandwiches, the chicken salad and the turkey/walnut panini, were both delicious and homemade. We also tried a little dessert, the Oreo cheesecake--superb!

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Charming historic house with exceptionally attractive surroundings. My husband enjoyed his red wine (Red Pasture 2), my coffee good. His loaded baked potato soup was really loaded, apple slaw good and nicely prepared Reuben Panini. My orange walnut chicken salad was as good as I hoped. Healthy or decadent—all good. We’ve stopped here at least 3 times traveling to Louisville and always happy we did.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is quaint (it's on the National Register of Historic Sites) and clean. The decor is not fancy, but we enjoyed a lovely lunch. My husband liked the Reuben sandwich; my Orange Chicken Salad was good and healthy--it fit my Palio diet. Caution, if you have a time issue...turn around and go to McDonalds.
The service is slow, but staff are very cordial.