“Amazing pizza, and cheesy breadsticks!”
Review of Giannetto's Pizza

Giannetto's Pizza
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the pizza and cheesy breadsticks we had. Being from Oklahoma we wanted Chicago styled pizza, our daughter ate in Chicago last year and said Giannetto's was much better! We will be back again when we are in the area. YUM!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a 14" pizza and the breadsticks. My wife and I liked the breadsticks with marinara sauce. We got the thin crust pizza with 2 items. The pizza was good but it was expensive.$25 for both.
The crust was good.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience here, and I think we have found a go-to for Friday night pizza! The owner recognized that it was our first time and came out to introduce himself. He told us the story of Giannetto's, and how he brought his deep dish pie from Chicago back in the late 70s. Everything here is made from scratch, and we can attest to the delicious marinara sauce, Italian dressing, and fresh croutons. We ordered the thin crust pizza, but next time we will try Giannetto's stuffed crust, deep dish, Chicago style pizza. Highly recommend!

1  Thank WorldTravelers1999
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

My friend brought a deep dish home from Gianetto's and it was surprisingly good. Incredibly good! I've had deep dish in Chicago and can gladly say this one competes with those any day of the week.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

My husband and I first went here in January 2017. I saw one of their commercials and told my husband I would like to try it. My husband is notorious for not really wanting to try "new" things, but said he wanted to try a Chicago-style pizza. (He had never had one before!)

After plugging the address into my phone, off we went. We discovered it is located in the same building as the Marathon Gas Station and Subway. (It is off to the right of the building, with its own entrance.)

We arrived a few minutes before 4:00 PM (same on this trip). They open at 4:00 PM (Tuesdays through Saturdays, 3:00 PM on Sundays and closed on Mondays). Let me tell you, we were glad we did! Right around 4:45ish it started to get really busy. (The same thing happened on this trip, too.)

The dining area is small but quite cozy. The walls are lined with nostalgic movie posters and pictures of movie stars. (They have a bar area and another room, as well.) On our first visit, we sat in a booth. Because we had six in our party, we sat at tables for this trip.

On our first visit, our waitress was Angela. She is the daughter of the owner, Vic. Since we were newbies, she covered all of their dishes. She explained what the difference was between a Chicago-Style pizza and a regular pizza to my husband. She pointed out her mom and dad. You can definitely tell this is a very Italian family as just about the entire family is involved in the business! Angela was simply awesome!

For our most recent visit, our waitress was Dawn. I have to give her major props because how we ordered things ended up being quite confusing! She kept it straight, though! She stayed on top of the drinks. If she wasn't available, someone else came along and made sure we were topped off.

On the first trip, we ordered their cheesy garlic bread appetizer and a large Chicago-Style pizza. Both were amazingly delicious! We ended up taking about half of it home. This style of pizza definitely fills one up!

On our second visit, we ordered cheesy garlic bread, mozzarella sticks and garlic cheese fries, a regular The Works pizza (for my husband), a regular cheese pizza and a large Chicago-Style pizza. Everything was absolutely wonderful! When the appetizers arrived, there was more than enough to go around. (My favorite is the garlic bread!)

My husband prefers The Works pizza with regular crust. (He is not a big dough fan.) He said it was very good. The cheese pizza was a lot of cheese on top of a thin layer of sauce. (I noticed that they regular style pizzas are not cut in the typical pie wedge style.) The Chicago-Style pizza was fantastic.

One of the things about the Chicago-Style pizza I noticed is that it probably needs time to "set". If it doesn't, the sauce is definitely runny. Even though the sauce was trying to escape, it was still wonderfully delicious.

Vic, the owner, comes out and makes his rounds to all the customers. He really appreciates his customers. During this trip, I told him he looks a lot like my father-in-law (which he does!) When I popped out a picture, he definitely agreed!

Word to the Wise:

(1) Arrive early.
(2) Do not arrive ravenously hungry! The Chicago-Style pizzas take longer to bake.

If one is looking for food quick, fast and in a hurry, this is not the place to go. If one is looking for a place to sit back, relax, and enjoy the company one is with, this is THE place to be!

2  Thank PattiP0414