“Great Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I can only add another rave review about this Hampton Inn. Everything was great. The staff I met were are cheerful and pleasant, ready to help in any way possible. We had a king studio suite - and it was huge. Like most Hampton suites it was one large room but this one larger than normal. At one end was a sitting area with a sofa bed and two easy chair facing the sofa, along with end tables. The king bed was against the opposite wall and had another easy chair along side it.

Everything in the room was perfect. I don't know if the hotel is new or recently refurbished but the room and furnishings showed no wear at all. The mini-kitchen had microwave, small firg, and sink. A nice touch was the bottle of dish washing detergent by the sink.

The only complaint about the room is that the TV is too small for the size of the room. If sitting on the couch the 32' TV was too small to see very well. I turned one of the easy chairs around so I could view the TV better.

The exercise room was large - 3 or 4 treadmills, a couple of stationary bikes, an elliptical plus the free weights. Add a couple of TVs and a nice facility. The breakfast was clean and well stocked and the hostess very friendly. The only complaint here was that the fruit salad had an off odor and taste. We mentioned this to the hostess and assume she took care of it.

This Hampton is certainly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stl82

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I am an IT consultant and travel Mon-Thu each week to client locations. I will be working about 15 miles away from this hotel. My colleagues who have been at this location for many months raved about it, so I booked it each week through March even though there's a Hampton 2 minutes from the client.

I can't say enough about this hotel - it's most probably the nicest Hampton I have ever stayed at. It's a newer hotel, so the rooms are updated including flat screen TVs with many HD channels, including the NHL Center Ice and other sports packages available for an extra fee.

The staff is great, the afternoon manager's reception is awesome as is the breakfast.

If you are close to this hotel, STAY HERE. You'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ChiHawks81
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Hotel is off e beaten path but rooms are extremely clean, staff is very friendly, property is well kept.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This Hampton welcomed our dogs and us. We stayed for 2 weeks due to illness in the family and they gave us their best rate and nice first floor suite. The bed so comfy. The room clean and spacious, awesome hot breakfast. Lots of grass for the doggies. We used the state of the art fitness room and laudromat. The staff was the best and helped with a vet when our dog needed one. I would stay here again, Sandi the manager was the nicest manager. We've traveled extensively on the US and this experience is right up there.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank dixie100
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Had business event about 15 minutes from this location, and needed a quiet place to stay to avoid a long commute that night. This location was perfect, and the staff was excellent. Breakfast was wonderful the next morning - and the room and hotel overal were in like new condition.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
GreenGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are here to serve you whether you just need to avoid a long commute, enjoy a quiet weekend away or are passing through. Our easy access to I-74 and close proximity to other services makes us a great place to stop for the night. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was the last stop on our way home from a long vacation. The hotel was clean and the beds were firm but comfortable. The rates were better than in Indianapolis or Cincinnati. The hotel was about a mile off the interstate. The breakfast was typical for a Hampton. The only complaint I have is that the pool does not open until 9, that is not a huge issue, except that my kids like to get up early and get a swim in before we get on the road for the day. The pool doors are locked and you cannot get in even with a key until 9. Other than that, this worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stay at this Hampton every time I go to Greensburg on business. This property is virtually new and it is extremely well maintained. It is conveniently located south of I-74. Their rates are typically 25-30% less than typical Hamptons due to it's rural location.

The staff members are friendly and attentive. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning functions well. Furnishings are typical of Hamptons. They have a very large eating area for their complimentary breakfast. There is also a walk in concession area that has a better selection than many Hamptons.

The breakfast is typical Hampton as well...the usual variety of make your own waffles, cheese omelets, bacon and a good assortment of breafast breads and cereals.

I love the location as it is near a corn field and in the summer, you can smell it while approaching the property. This is small town USA. Some like it, some don't..but it's a quiet, peaceful location.

Great staff and consistent performance. Not sure what else I could ask for.

Room Tip: If you're HHonors Member, ask for a room upgrade, no whirlpool rooms though
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
GreenGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate the feedback and am glad you have found a home away from home when on business in Greensburg here at the Hamtpon Inn & Suites. Your review was very descriptive and I share your love of our location. The rural nature of our hotel provides a great backdrop for a hotel with clean rooms, consistent service and attentive staff. We at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greensburg look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
1.3 km away
31.5 km away
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
#2 of 6 in Shelbyville

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg? Share your experiences!