“Typical Old Diner, Nothing Special”
Review of Stories

Stories
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Greensburg
Description: Great new pies made every morning. Known for good chicken and tenderloin! Come on in and enjoy your food and visit with one another. 812.663.9948812.663.9948
Reviewed February 22, 2018

My family and I ate here coming through town over the weekend. The town is beautiful and has a lot of history just like this joint. However I will stick with driving through and not the food.

Do not get me wrong the food was good but nothing that makes this place better than the next. We both had the tenderloin and my son had a hot dog. The hot dog was served on a burger bun which I found to be odd. The tenderloin was tender with no fat on it. That impressed us. The flavor was decent but lacked a good seasoning. The potato wedges were standard. The fries were from a bag to the plate. The cottage cheese was more like a soup. The best part was the cole slaw. It was the only thing we had that did have a stand out taste compared to the other guys.

We will not be back. It was okay but not good enough for a second trip. The price was not worth what we had.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Food at Stories is always good, and they are known for their wonderful pies. Always a great place to go eat. Tenderloins are wonderful, as well as their chicken on Thursdays.

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Tenderloin sandwich are great. I love the home maid pies. It has all kinds of different food. It’s been here for years.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

A business associate and I were planning to eat at the #1 rated spot in downtown Greensburg, IN but we happened to go on a Monday and the barbecue restaurant was closed, so we looked for something close. I like to check out local restaurants anyway.

Stories had decent reviews and it was also on the town square and open, so we tried it instead. I got the meatloaf plate. The meatloaf was very greasy, indicating a cheaper cut of beef that was used and, to be honest, not very tasty and a small portion at that. I also had the potato salad and tapioca pudding. The potato salad was okay, but it was a little too sweet and runny. The tapioca pudding was probably from a can, so it was all right, but didn't taste homemade. They advertised their pies which looked good, but I didn't try a piece.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The freshly made breaded pork tenderloin is what makes Indiana famous and Stories does it better than anyone. Why? Because they use fresh pork loin and pound them out same day. No frozen fritters off the back of a food truck. Then there is the homemade fresh pies that are hauntingly good. Stories is a step back to the good times when food was fresh each day. A must if your passing through Greensburg and want a view of the "Tree in the Courthouse".

Been to Stories? Share your experiences!