“Great Staff!”

WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence
Ranked #122 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Not for from downtown.. Clean rooms.. But overall the staff is a pleasure to deal with!! If you decide to stay here, keep a eye out for Curtis! He specifically stood out due to his excellent customer service and prompt service! Highly recommended! Thank you to Curtis and the rest of the value place staff!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us about our staff. We consider them one of our most valuable assets and couldn’t function without them. We will share your comments with them in hopes of continuing to provide a positive experience for our future guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We travel for work and experience all kinds of interesting things along the way. One of the least interesting is the inability to get online. So many hotels advertise free wifi, but it is really non-existant. This Value Place has paid internet at $10 a week for an okay connection, and $20 for a great connection. We gladly paid the $20 and were thrilled to finally have reliable internet!

The rooms are clean. The place is well managed. The young guy at the front desk is awesome. Charlotte is a bit strict, but I think that is necessary given the clientele at this particular location. This was our first stay at a Value Place, and, all-in-all, it was such a great change from the dark motels we had been staying in, that we have stayed in a Value Place or Woodspring (they are changing their name slowly across the country) whenever there is one at a location in which we are working. They all have kitchenettes with full sized refrigerators, are spacious, and we stay on high floors so that we can have our blinds open. Much homier than a dark hotel room in which we have to bust out our hot plates and use a dorm fridge!

Now, at this particular location the police are there nearly every night. Not for anything criminal, mind you, but to evict people who cannot pay their weekly bills. This is kind of a fun event, met by gawking and laughing, and details about where the other guests can find the evictee later, like at the Motel 6 down the street. One night the police were talking about tasing a particularly recalcitrant evictee, yet they were giggling. Rather than scaring us, we found this a form of free entertainment.

DO NOT SMOKE IN THE ROOM. It is in violation of Indiana law. Charlotte enforces this law STRICTLY. She will throw your assets to the curb if she catches you.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide some great feedback. We are pleased that overall you had a nice stay with us and that you felt comfortable. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I had an eventful stay besides the rasist guest that stay there and the police showing up here 3 times a week or more.. The staff was excellent. charlotte is mean but awesome and the tall guy is very nice he smiles so much. Between 2pm and 8pm its great after 9pm that's when u get crackheads bothering you outside i would stay again

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank nicole K
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

We apologize for the inconvenience but I'm glad that it didn't have a big impact on your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I was with a group of workers working a 5 day job in Indianapolis for Habitat for Humanity. This morning while cooking breakfast I had a knock on my room door and the Property Manager Bob was at the door with a loud firm voice asking if "that dog" was still here. I was taken by surprise and opened the door wider so my friend could answer the question. The manager angrily stated he told us 3 days ago No Dogs Allowed and we had to go NOW! I told him I was unaware of the problem and this was the first time I had ever seen him or heard their was a problem, but I could get Doctor verification to him immediately for my service animal. He again loudly stated " I don't care, go NOW!" Our room was reserved by a 3rd party and I have never had any problems before. I was shaken up and then asked Bob if he knew if a bus went by the motel because my vehicle was broke down at the dealership in another state 3 hours away and I was stranded. I drove from the previous state in a uhaul truck, but had returned it thinking my vehicle would be fixed by the time the job was over in Indianapolis. He said loudly he did not know if a bus drove near the motel and we had to go now!! I broke down into tears. I offered more than the ADA and Federal Law requires me to, but still offered my medical paperwork and was still made to leave. I was unable to go to work but my co-workers had to. I immediately contacted the corporate office to make sure I was going to be able to pack my belongings and pull them outside while trying to figure out where to go and how to get there in a state I have never been in 16 hours away from my home. Luckily I am able to stay inside with my belongings until someone can pick me up after they get off work. My luck, tornadoes are approaching and all channels are preempted by the weather.
I want to say, I have Never had this problem with any other Value Place or other motel chain until now.
In the meantime, the other employees are all very nice and upset I was made to leave. One said he didn't know they had a no "pet" policy because there are two other dogs in the motel. As I walked towards the building from sitting outside I saw a pedigree dog UNLEASHED walking around the side door. I asked the manager about the other two dogs and he said " they gave to go too then". It was told the manager wants a "family atmosphere" but what is the better family atmosphere...a 10 pound poodle or motel full of drug dealers hanging around outside? We were approached 3 times to buy drugs while unloading our UHaul by "residents". I came inside minding my own business and this is what happened.. Hopefully, this management will be educated on service animals, ADA and Federal Laws.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

I do apologize that our hotel didn't quite meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my staff in hopes of improving our future services.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Do NOT stay at this hotel. They have bed bugs! The rooms also reek of drug use. The halls are full of shady looking people, it's in a very unsafe area of town. I told the employees about the bed bugs, and they didn't care, they wouldn't even refund my money

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Josh R

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into everything you've brought to our attention. We strive to provide every guest with a great experience and apologize this did not happen in your case.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Had a nice stay at the value place in Lawrence despite friends telling me to go somewhere else. During my stay The office lady Charlotte was very helpful a short man in the office was very nice... even tho someone got robbed while I was there I give the staff 100/100 they were fantastic even tho what they deal with at that hotel one of the employees would speak to me early in the mornings as he was cleaning the parking lot. very nice individual .. smh god bless his soul all that trash he picks up

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Value Place. No matter what brought you to Value Place, we are glad that you encountered our respectful, helpful and friendly team that is dedicated to making your stay live up to your standards. Thank you for the positive review. We wish you well in your future travels and hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I stayed here for a week while working in Indianapolis. The company booked the room so I cannot comment on the price. But the hotel needed a good scrubbing. The towels were thin and stiff. The toilet paper was thin and stiff too, lol. No, really, it was even see-through. And you get ONE roll for the week, after that you have to buy your own or pay $5.00 per roll!!! The water pressure was pretty bad.

The hotel was being used as some sort of government voucher placement, for homeless, or whatever the situation. The people staying here using these programs told me this directly. That in itself wasn't the problem. But there were people staying there begging you for something every time you came in and out of the place which was annoying and uncomfortable. My boss sat a beer can on his front bumper while he got something out of his trunk and one of the residents walked up and took it!

They have motion signals on the heating a/c, so no matter what you set it on, it wouldn't stay as soon as you went to sleep. Not very accommodating.

While it was very convenient to have the full size refridgerator and stove top, the hotel had to many issues that were unnecessary. Surely they could spring for a few rolls of tp?

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank millerholly
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016