“Good atmosphere for groups”
Review of Stella - CLOSED

Stella
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Stella is a neighborhood restaurant inspired by the wine regions of Southern Europe with an emphasis on wood fired vegetables, fish, meats and seasonal pastas.
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I visited Stella when it has just re-opened. The location right on Mass Ave is perfect. The cocktails were fantastic. I highly recommend this place for gin & tonic fans! They have many different varieties and are delicious! Food was good, but a bit on the expensive end.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Previously Pizzology-Enter on East Street. Looks pretty much the same but has a full bar. We sat at the bar and had drinks and a small plate. The bartender was friendly and knowledgeable. I had the Wood Charred Broccoli with Farro and Black Garlic Rouille ($7). It was very good. My buddy had the Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts, Pickled Chilis and Breadcrumbs ($7). It was even better and what I would order next time. We did not try any of the large plates, but one of them was vegetarian. I plan to return and try more items from the menu.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

We came in for a late dinner after walking out of St. Elmo's. The menu is a bit eclectic and depending on your taste you may have a hard time finding something on the menu to eat. We split the flat iron steak and it was delicious. The cocktails were excellent and the bartenders Jacob & Jacob know their stuff. We would go back.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We tried Stella last night for the first time with some great friends. Wow, what an amazing experience that quickly put this into one of my favorite restaurants in Indy. The menu is very unique and really offers you some freedom to choose your own culinary adventure. We started with some excellent cocktails which included choices from their exclusive gin and tonic list. A very bright and refreshing way to start a summer evening. The menu is set up in such a way that you can order individually or share items with the table. We started with crudo (raw fish) and terrines. Highlights were the tuna, scallops crispy octopus and pig and fig. Our entres were the loup de mer which was a sea bass presented whole fish style in a skillet however the filets were nicely deboned and ready to eat. The osso bucco was also prepared beautifully and just fell right off the bone. We ordered small plates as sides to share and all were perfect. Our server was fun and very knowledgeable and it was nice to see Chef Neal Brown working the pass. We were there for 3 1/2 hours which I think speaks to how much we enjoyed this experience!