“Good Choice For Intimate Dining With Great Service”

Iozzo's Garden of Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Iozzo's Garden of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,477 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Description: Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The outside and location are a bit rough, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Our Ball State graduate chose Iozzo’s for her celebratory dinner. She made a good decision.

The inside is small and has a great atmosphere. The tables are adorned with white linen and fresh flowers. The overall design and architectural details set the stage for a memorable experience beautifully. There are fabulous glass light fixtures, exposed brick… They also have an outside terrace that looks like it would be awesome in nice (summer) weather.

Service was flawless. Our water glasses were filled consistently. Brian was friendly and personable.

The food was very good. The fresh warm bread and dipping sauce were tasty and appreciated. Our party ordered Baked Penne, Orzo Portabella and Seared Scallops. The scallops were cooked perfectly and nicely seasoned. They came with Yukon Gold Potatoes with Pesto. In my opinion, the potatoes could have used a pinch of salt.

This is a small, POPULAR, venue. I highly recommend making a reservation to avoid an extended wait.

1  Thank KarenKayT

Reviewed May 16, 2018

Three of us went to Iozzo's for dinner one night. We elected to sit outside in their nice little courtyard as it was a beautiful, comfortable evening. The service here was great. Our waitress was very friendly, efficient, and helpful. I ordered a new beer and when I tasted it I did not like it. She saw my reaction to the terrible beer and she, on her own, brought me out a different beer and suggested I try it. Loved it.

All of our meals were excellent. I had the lobster ravioli which I truly enjoyed. For dessert I had the Crème Brûlée which was also excellent. A very enjoyable dinner. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

We had dinner on a Saturday evening and opted to sit inside but many of the outside tables were full. Our server was great, very knowledgeable and attentive. Everybody enjoyed their meals and the desserts were great.

The restaurant is located a bit away from the downtown hotels but not too far. The area was bit deserted when we were there but I'm sure it is much different when there is a game or event going on given the location.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Iozzo’s is excellent! Authentic Italian! The eggplant Parm is spectacular! The desserts are delicious! Highly recommend Iozzo’s!

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner after work w/some coworkers and the food was simply incredible. The waitress was fun, friendly and very tolerant of us and if I lived in town, I’d be here all the time. Love everything about this place. Highly recommended!!