“I know it's a pizza place, but I cant resist the Foccacia”
Review of Napolese

Napolese
Reserve with OpenTable
Napolese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maryland St
Description: Napolese Pizzeria is artfully crafted pizza, wine, craft beer and handmade cocktails - served with elegance. We use the finest ingredients available, carefully sourcing cheeses, meats and local produce farmed specifically for Napolese. The seasonal menu plus incredible service make for a world class Neapolitan pizza experience. Napolese Pizzeria is part of Patachou Inc., a collection of restaurants including Cafea Patachou, Petite Chou Bistros and Public Greens. Patachou Inc. has been wholly owned and operated by Martha Hoover since 1989.
Reviewed December 27, 2017

We love this spot. Coming from California in the winter, we're used to sacrificing our farm to table ways and eating where the Sysco truck is parked. This place saves us from that and feels like home.

The first two times we went, we had glorious pizzas. My daughter is gluten-free and her pizza was outstanding too.

On our third visit, we thought we'd do something different. We split a chopped salad and ordered the Foccacia. Oh my goodness, they are phenomenal. Savory and flavorful (definitely skip these if you don't like garlic). I can't order the pizza now. Eat these:

Baked Capriole Goat Cheese, Tomato Sauce, Focaccia
Meatballs: Red Sauce, Shaved Parmesan, Focaccia

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Napolese has a positive reputation around Indianapolis for great Pizza.

Wonderful Crust, great toppings and a great selections of Beer.

Be careful making your own Pizza, before you know it you spent $20 bucks for each person.

The noise level is painful

Reviewed September 27, 2017

I had a half-salad (pears, beets, goat cheese, etc) that was incredibly large for a "half-salad." Plus a gluten-free personal pizza that was extremely tasty. High recommended.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

They had absolutely no meat options. They should be more considerate for those who enjoy a good bloody steak once in a while. These bigots have no class. The service was bad and the waiters continued to rant about how meat is murder. I had lasagna thrown at me and I was kicked out. BY THE EMPLOYEES. I will never go there again. I hope no one else will if they have a heart. I am forever scared. My waiter was John, I hope he never works again

Reviewed August 11, 2017

First of all, let me state that I SO wanted to like this place based on other reviews and acquaintance opinions. That being said, I'll cover the highlights before slicing open the wounds. Yes, they know how to make proper double-ought flour crust in a proper 800 degree wood-fired oven. Where did it all go wrong?!?

First, and not significantly, they got my order wrong: sausage, jowl bacon and mushrooms turned into pepperoni, jowl bacon and mushrooms. That's OK, cause I like pepperoni also. Our pizzas arrived fast and hot...perfect, except that instead of being served on a proper pizza tray, they were served on a large plate/bowl that caused all the hot cheese and toppings to immediately start sagging into the middle. As we were eating at the bar, I suggested to the barkeep that this was not the best of choices and he congratulated me on my precise feedback.

On to the toppings themselves. The pepperoni was thin and not evenly spread, the jowl bacon consisted of 1/4" x 1/2" chunks hat were a gristly, crunchy nightmare and the mushrooms were all unsliced, whole 1+" affairs with little aesthetic pleasantness.

The whole unpleasant evening was topped off by the barkeep cramming my 3 slices of leftover pizza ino a sandwich box, slices piled on top of each other, a truly unpardonable sin for pizza afficianados.

Overall, considering how many truly good pizzerias there are now in Indy, this was a nightmare. Best left unsampled!