“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. 71st. and I-465
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I’m visiting Indy and Chef Mike’s Charcoal Grill is next door to my hotel. Almost hidden among many unhealthy fast food restaurants.
This is my third night of carry out from there.
That’s how GOOD the food is!
Best bread pudding with ice cream I’ve ever had!
The sirloin steak, salad, veggies = perfection!
Nice clean environment, awesome people, and
healthy food choices- without all the salt.
A nice bar also!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 450michellac
Owner_16, Owner at Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi Michellac,
We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoy our food! Thank you for all of your kind words. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

The food is obviously made by someone who knows his or her way around a kitchen. The burger that I had was absolutely delicious, and the fries are some of the most unique in taste and texture that I've ever had. I enjoyed the food. I did not enjoy the service. While my server was friendly, she spent most of her time talking up other tables and was extremely slow on refills and things. I was in the restaurant for about an hour and 15 minutes, and that seems excessive for a salad, burger, and fries. I also have to say that the salad dressing sure tasted a lot like something you'd buy off the shelf at the grocery. I don't understand why a restaurant that goes so out of its way to be creative with its fries and burgers and things would serve wilted salad with dressing out of a bottle. I guess you could call my visit uneven. Still I would come back because my entree was delicious and I would still recommend this restaurant if you like good food. Obviously, they're doing something right to survive as long as they have.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Jon E
Owner_16, Owner at Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Hi Jon,
We're glad to hear that our burger and fries were fantastic for you, but disappointed to hear that you were not a big fan of our salad. We always want our guests to have the best experience possible while dining with us and apologize for falling short with your visit. We will certainly be speaking with our staff about your comments to ensure that we have this remedied for your next visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Looking forward to our next visit. Excellent food, service, and establishment. This is a very tastefully decorated and clean restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Thomas4943
Owner_16, Owner at Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for your kind words about our food, service, and restaurant. We're glad that your visit was so tasty!

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Do not judge a book by its cover! I was looking for a good restaurant for a lunch meeting and stumbled across Mike's. I can only review the burgers because that's all that we had. To say they were amazing would be an understatement. Chef Mike really knows what he's doing. I will be back dot-dot-dot and soon!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Bob H
Owner_16, Owner at Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your great comments. We're glad to hear that your burgers were delicious for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We go for the yummy little sliced red potatoes. They are the base of the chili fries, but you can get just an order of the potatoes. They may call them chips, not fries. The setting is old school bar.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Gloria O
Owner_16, Owner at Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Hi Gloria,
It's great to hear that you love our fries and atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon.