“Excellent Location”

Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ravenswood, West Virginia
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Hotel is located directly next to the convention center and the stadium. The zoo and several museums are in walking distance. The hotel meet expectations, although our double twin room was small for a family of four. The cleanliness of the bathroom floor could have been better but was overall satisfactory. The restaurant was closed on Sunday afternoon which is not uncommen but was an inconvienience for us. The hotel bar was open and served small meals/ sandwiches. We just wanted to grab a quick lunch and waited +30 minutes after the bartender took our order. Refills were by request only. The lunch was clearly too expensive for what you got.

• Stayed March 2012
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy your experience was excellent and we do look forward to you returning soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I got checked in early ( almost two hours) with no problems! The valet parking was a plus and everyone was nice from the moment I pulled up. The bell man went above and beyond to make my family happy. my hotel room was very clean and just the way i hoped for didn't have any problem. Hotel was very quite even with a lot of people around. If you needed or wanted something they where right on it to get it or fix it. Stayed on the Th floor had one of the best hotel stays i could ask for. Defiantly looking forward to going back their again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you had an excellent experience. We ope to see you again very soon!
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Nice hotel, close to circle centre. Great food and attraction near by

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize the service was slow in our lobby bar for your meal and the value was not what you expected. I hope you do choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Indianapolis and give us another chance to meet your expectations.
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband is a Marriott Rewards member, so we used his rewards points to book a room for spring break. We booked online and were given a free upgrade to concierge level. When we checked in, we were told we had to pay $30/day for the upgrade. But each time we went into the lounge, everything was gone! Marriott allowed several volleball teams access to the lounge so it was always picked-clean! We had also requested 2 beds for our family of four, but were told the only room available was a king. I explained to the front desk clerk that we really needed 2 beds, she smiled and reassured me that a king and a rollaway were actually more bedspace (like she was doing me a favor?) We cancelled our reservation for the 2nd night and lost our rewards points. The only bright part of the visit was the breakfast buffet - it was pricey but Donna was so friendly it helped cheer us up a bit. As we were leaving, Lisa expressed concern for our disappointment and asked how she could make things right. Marriott, we feel as though you treated us like trash because we had earned a "free" room. Let me emphasize EARNED! I would expect that you would treat your most frequent visitors with a little more courtesy. Your accomodations and staff are not worthy to be called 4-star!

1 Thank izzy613
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize that we did not provide an excellent experience for you. We did have a large citywide convention with volleyball in the weekend of your stay and this caused us some operational challenges with room types and volumes in our concierge level. I am sorry your earned free stay was not a positive stay. Please contact me directly so we can discuss further. My phone number is 317-405-6040.

Phil Ray
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during a convention and the location to everything is great. All the best places to eat are only4-5 blocks away.My first night was horrible due to noise from the concierge’s lounge that backed my room. The noise went until midnight and started back at 430am. I spoke to the staff and they were able to find me another room on another floor. The staff was great and went out of their way to help with anything I needed. The hotel is very large and sometimes it takes forever to get an elevator especially when the hotel is full. I waited over 20 minutes one night and finally decided to walk up the 9 flights of stairs. overall this is great hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us for your convention. I am sorry you experienced some noise issues from our concierge lounge during your stay. Also, for the delays with our elevators during the busy times. I am heppy our staff did a nice job for you.

We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again next time you are in Indianapolis.
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2012

One of the friendliest hotel's I've ever stayed in. Superior staff from check in to check out. We checked in on Friday afternoon - in a whirlwind. Immediately following a horrible thunderstorm. The bellman assisted us with our gear - we were traveling with a baby and had LOTS! We ate in both restaurants -(I went on line to Restaurants.com and bought $25 certificates for $2) swam in the pool, used the inside walkway to the mall. Great weekend. We had adjoining rooms that worked perfectly for our situation. LOVE INDIANAPOLIS!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor - where the pool is located. Lots of familiy noises. We like that - if...