“Another great stay - Clean and comfy!”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #68 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
ontario
“Another great stay - Clean and comfy!”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We recently stayed here for my daughter's cheerleading competition. I wanted to avoid staying downtown and it's higher prices/business/costly parking. This was perfect! Great location, lots of food nearby, 10 minutes to downtown. The rooms were clean, large and very nicely decorated-very modern. The hotel looks new.Microwave and fridge were very convenient. Good breakfast selection, make your own pancakes (not waffles), cereal, yogurt, baked goods (muffins bagels etc) toast, orange/apple juice, fruit and also they had hot offerings such as scrambled eggs/biscuits gravy/sausage I think it changes daily. Internet/business centre in lobby.
The pool is small-average, neat shape my kids liked it. The room itself is kind of chilly but my kids didn't mind they said the water was great. No hot tub. The pool area was clean. It says pool closes at 10 pm but it is not enforced. Work out area with modern equipment. I truly enjoyed staying here. The staff was courteous. No complaints. Bob Evans across the parking lot. Great stay, we will be sure to book here again when we are in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 3girlsandaguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Safe neighborhood. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Convenient location

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank erperp
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I've stayed here 5 or 6 times for Indianapolis sporting events. The rooms are always neat and clean. The rooms are also large with a refrigerator and microwave oven. Only a 10 minute drive to downtown Indianapolis. The free breakfast is very filling

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank billty45
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed one night as part of a multi-city vacation. The room we had was fantastic! Very roomy. There was a small area outside the bathroom that was a mini-kitchenette. It had the microwave and fridge plus a small sink. They even provided a roll of paper towels and a can opener. The downside of that was that it cut down on the bathroom space. The bed area was well appointed and comfortable. The only complaint there is that my traveling companion wanted to view a program and for some reason, that channel didn't work. All the others were fine. Wireless internet was flawless. Just remember to get the user ID and password from the desk when you check in. They were very nice when we called down to get it. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ducky1776
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I loved this hotel. The room was very nice and the layout was different from your average cookie-cutter hotel room. There was a large dressing area and a tiny kitchenette. The bathroom was small, but nicely appointed. Our room was very quiet, due to the layout. The dressing area and bathroom shielded the room from any hallway noise. Also, we were on the front of the hotel, not the back toward the busy highway.

The internet connection was strong and dependable. That is one of the most important things for me. Just be sure to get the username and password at the front desk. I neglected to ask and wasn't told that it was required. However, a quick phone call down to the front desk solved the problem easily.

The beds and pillows were comfortable. Furniture looked new. Interesting headboards with brushed metal stripes. The AC was efficient. Electrical outlets were plentiful and out in the open. Free USA Today. My only complaint was that I could not get an ABC station on the TV.

Check-in and check-out was friendly and efficient. I was only in Indianapolis for one night of a seven night road trip, but I found myself wishing I could stay longer in this comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Get the username and password for the internet from the front desk.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Terri P
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stopped here for one night on a road trip. Conveniently located off I-70 and I-465. I've seen other reviewers complain about traffic noise, but I didn't encounter any problems on the side of the hotel that doesn't face the interstate. Great beds and pillowcases with stitching identifying them as "firm" and "soft". Such a simple touch that goes a long way.

Kudos to Adam at the front desk! From the moment we pulled up to the moment we had the keys for 3 rooms (along with complimentary bottled water and peanuts), I don't think 4 minutes elapsed. Most efficient hotel check-in ever! (Join Priority Club, people. It's worth it.) Adam was pleasant and knew the area surrounding the hotel, which is always welcome when you need to find a store in an unfamiliar city.

Microwave, refrigerator, and snack counter w/sink in our room featuring two queen sized beds. Free wi-fi and great complimentary breakfast in the morning featuring cheese omelettes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fruit, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, juice, milk, etc. Everything you need to get back on the road in the morning. Teresa (food prep) was a joy to talk to and kept the area clean and ready for more guests. (Should you happen to sleep in and miss the 9:30am cut-off for the complimentary breakfast, Bob Evans is across the street and an equally good experience for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.)

It's people like Adam and Teresa that making being away from home feel like home. They are the finest examples of what every hotel should look for in staffing.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ecto1
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The overall cleanliness of the room was excellent, but when arriving in Indianapolis at 2am after a 9hour drive I could NOT get to sleep with all the noise outside the room. You could hear the ice machine down the hall, in the mornings housekeeping going in and out of all rooms up and down the halls.. I could hear upstairs running or just othr random noises that seemed to be coming from all angels of my room (below,above,right,left).. I'm usually a sleep anytime, anywhere type person but not this weekend.. I ended up sleeping with the tv & a fan running just to drain out the noise (with more noise) lol If it weren't for all of this, I would definitely stay here again.. Good distance to downtown & major highways, very clean hotel (small bathroom) but nice size room for just 2 people. There wasn't any parking (even at 2am) luckily for me someone was leaving when I was coming & complimentary breakfast that I didn't get up early enough to experience due to the sleepless nights!!

• Stayed April 2011