“Spartan furnishings but clean”

Motel 6 Indianapolis
Ranked #119 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We just needed a place to sleep, that's all. And that's all you get. But the room was clean and for the north side of Indy, I guess the pricing is OK too. Just don't expect much but at least the rooms have been updated far beyond most Motel 6's..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
HIRAL P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience and valuable guest feedback helps us determine how well we are delivering on that commitment.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that they are appreciated and valued; and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

My main concern is cleanliness. Having worked before as an exterminator, I carefully inspect my room before settling in for the night. First thing I noticed is the lack of carpet on the floors. This is a good thing because you can see the floor and you know it’s clean. Also open space under the beds is a big plus. My hotel room passed for cleanliness.
I don’t get a lot of hours to sleep, so quiet is my next concern. I worried the hard floors and adjoining rooms would cause noise to filter in, but aside from one slammed door across the hall it was pretty quiet.
Appearance: The room was a little small, but it looked nice and the cushion in the window provided a nice spot to sit and relax, and would be great for additional seating for guest. Heck a shorter person could probably sleep there.
Staff was ok. One talked to me at great length, and the other was also friendly but quieter. I had requested an extra towel via my registration and it was not provided, but the staff happily grabbed one for me when asked.
Value- For the price this was a good deal. A lot cleaner than other places I’ve stayed for more $$
Cons- No Ironing Board, No Refrigerator, Only two pillows (Queen for 2 guests)
I would recommend them and use them again.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor will be quiet. If you have a young child, the window seat would be fine for a bed.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

nice rooms nice window seat, small table but VERY CLEAN and airy. pleasant surprise. The check in was great helpful staff next to 24 hour Dennys. and several others Wally world is around the corner. book a non refundable room and CS took care of swithing it for me GREAT.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2016

room was ok bed could be better was by food can have your pet in the room people was nice we had a good time in that big city had so good food could wait to go home had fun with my family maybe we will go on a trip

Stayed: July 2016

Reviewed 15 July 2016

This motel is close to the freeway and it is easy to get in and out like we did. Check in/ check out was quick and the staff was helpful. The sheets and room was clean, nice TV and WiFi worked nicely in the room. There is adequate well lighted parking. The only thing I was not too happy about is the smell of pot at the G floor when we checked in and it does not provide any breakfast. Location is good, close to restaurants, convenient stores and everything. For the price I paid, this place met my expectation.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John T

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.

We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

The rooms were pretty basic. Clean, but nothing special (although I've seen much worse!). Staff was friendly and helpful. Neighborhood isn't very attractive, but there are some good restaurants. Plus it's close to the highway, so you'll be on your way fast!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is decent for the price. It was clean and everything worked but the bed was a major problem. It's literally a thin mattress on a piece of wood, like a dorm bed. To make matters worse, there was only one thin pillow per person. I asked if we could get more pillows and was absolutely shocked to be told no, we were only allowed one per person. We ended up leaving and driving home overnight because we knew sleep was not going to happen, especially when, after we lied down, we could hear people talking in the hallway so clearly it was as if they were in the room. I really wasn't expecting a whole lot from this room, but is two pillows really that much to ask for?

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues and noise concerns you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.