“A very good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.

Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
Ranked #30 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The room was very large and well maintained though sparsely furnished.. The staff were consistently friendly. The shower was fantastic. Everything worked as it should. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in the customer service that we provide. We hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Monticello, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed 1 night and flew back 4 days later with no problems. The van driver dropped us off at the terminal and was waiting as promised when we got our luggage after returning. The shuttle to the long term parking would have taken almost as long as it took us to get back the hotel and he dropped us off at right at our car! Hotel staff was very friendly, the place was fine and in good working order. Not a 5 Star Hotel but we wanted value, which is what we got. Fitness center, business center, pool, whirlpool, jet tub in room all were good- the desk clerk even let my wife use the manager's computer to do homework. Great experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This facility is OK, reasonably priced and not far from the airport. My wife and I stayed here one night and used their Park & Fly service.

The sleeping accommodations were fine, our bed was comfortable and the room was clean but the transportation services are another story.

Transportation to the airport was timely but upon our return we could not get the hotel to answer their phone to come pick us up. After several attempts, we finally got them to answer their phone but then they had no record of our stay or Park and Fly arrangements??? I assured them that I did in fact have the proper paperwork, that my car was at their hotel and that they had in fact dropped us off at the airport one week prior. After more than an hour they finally came to pick us up.

Again, the facilities are OK but I would not use them for Park and Fly. We did have the opportunity to get to know several other hotel shuttle drivers who came by our pickup point 2-3 times each while we were waiting for our shuttle? We Park and Fly quite often but will not use the Wingate again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that you did not get the service that you expected. It was completely uncalled for. I hope you except my apology and consider giving us another chance in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Upon checking in at the front desk, when asked if I was enrolled in their rewards program, I was directed to their brochure holder and told "it is really better if you do this yourself when in your room". When I found out I was already enrolled but couldn't access the site I was again told that I had to deal with it myself even though when you turn on the TV it clearly states to "enroll at the front desk". The room was way past due for renovation, broken tiles in the bathroom, dirty floor next to the toilet, scratched, worn finish on sink, tub, faucets, toilet seat, etc., parts missing from the microwave turn table, huge white stain plus another dark stain on ottoman, lint, threads on carpeting indicating that the room was not vacuumed, toilet bubbled and water rose when the toilet next door was flushed, toilet seat was up upon arrival and it appeared as if it had been used (needed to be flushed). Regarding the common areas, dirty elevator, worn finishes, horrible looking substance laying on the base of the bellman's cart (appeared to be fresh vomit or some other sort of bodily waste), limited breakfast items (we were looking for bananas and were told by the breakfast attendant who was sitting eating breakfast himself in the dining room that they had not shopped for him and therefore he was out but that we should try banana yogurt instead), Snow so deep you really needed boots even though it had not snowed for 36 to 48 hours and they clearly had not plowed or had only plowed minimally, very few parking spaces since most were evidently dedicated to "park and fly" customers since most of the cars had not moved since before the snowfall, old car parked under the canopy, never moved, etc. etc. etc. I would expect this out of an economy hotel or independent but clearly need to be wary of Wyndham/Wingate in the future as well!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TDAtraveler
Longwood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Our family stayed here for 2 nights and were very disappointed. The first indications of neglected maintenance were huge weeds in the sidewalk as we approached the hotel lobby. The room we were assigned had such a warped bathroom door that we had to slam it to keep it closed. The worst problem was that the handle on the shower would not stay put and kept getting hotter. In addition to the cobweb on the wall, this was the last straw. The next morning a very helpful woman at the front desk gave us a new room which was satisfactory. In addition to the maintenance problems, she was the only employee that was pleasant. I think some employee would help this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
wingateindyairport, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, 10 September 2011
I am sorry for your inconvience. I would like you to know that we have hired a new landscaping company to address the ground maintence. I have also talked to my maintence staff and housekeeping staff to insure that the issues that you had are taken care of before our guests experience them. I am happy to hear that my front desk staff was able to move you to a room that was satisfactory. Again I am sorry and I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in Indianapolis.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a baseball tournament. I had never heard of the hotel before so I wasn't sure what it expect. It had an odd style to it. I wasn't a big fan of it but I'm sure others are. The room was what you expect. Had everything you needed. There wasn't a screen on my window so I was wary of opening my window. The AC unit would go on and off sometimes. It was kind of odd. The breakfast area was large and inviting and the staff at the front desk were nice and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in the customer service that we provide. In the time since you were here, we have replaced the missing screens on all of the windows. We hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am highly disappointed in the service received Saturday evening upon returning from a family trip. I followed the instructions provided to let the service know we were ready for pick up. From the time I originally called to notify the driver that we had landed, it took the driver over an hour and a half to pick us up. The hotel is about 10-15 mins away.
The driver proceeded to tell us that the reason for her delay was that she took a nap. That she had been up since 3am and needed a nap. While I understand being tired during a shift, I do NOT understand actually taking time to nap on the job when you've been contacted to pick someone up within the next 30 mins. She never apologized for her actions and addressed it in a manor as if to say we should know better than to take offence to her actions. I was never at any point rude but very upset that she proceeded to make small talk again with no apology. I would think twice before using this service for a Park & Fly

Room Tip: Check closer to airport for better options