“We enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #26 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Minnesota
“We enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite here for three nights while attending the National FFA Convention. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and freshened nicely each day. We enjoyed the whirlpool and swimming pool in the evenings. The breakfast was awesome!!! Lots of variety. A great way to start your day. We enjoyed an evening meal too. The hotel is easy to get to and located close to Interstate 465. The only problem we had was our GPS taking us to a residential area when we tried to find the hotel. Not the hotel's fault - but be aware of this. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have been staying at this Residence Inn every year (sometimes twice a year) since it opened in 2003. It has always been my favorite Residence Inn and our stays have always been good. That being said, this year it was different. We stayed in Sept for 6 nights and again in Oct for 3 nights. The Property is getting a little weathered and is in BAD need of a remodel. Furniture, carpet, wallpaper, drapery, appliances, it all needs replacing. Bed was still comfortable but the pillows were flat and completely worn out. We had different rooms for each visit and they both did have a strange odor. (Housekeeping seems to be overlooking a lot of things that should be addressed) On our first visit the evening meal and the breakfast buffet was a joke. There was a family staying there that emptied every dish and there was never anything left for anyone else.(They never missed a meal) ( One woman took 4 big cinnamon rolls and put them in her purse) (Another family member Filled a cereal bowl full of chicken tenders) I eat alot, but that seemed a little extreme- even to me. The quality of the breakfast on the second visit was very poor until Sunday morning. (Eggs were like they had sand & ocean water in them the first two mornings) We had to eat elsewhere.
This makes me SAD to write a bad review because this property used to be top notch. Not sure if we will stay here again until it is remodeled.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank nvky
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear nvky,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that your visit on this trip was less than satisfactory. We strive to make sure every guest is completely satisfied before leaving our hotel and I assure you that we are taking steps to address the issues you experienced.

I do want to let you know that we have plans to renovate our hotel lobby during the end of this year/beginning of 2012. This will be a comprehensive renovation including all facets of our Gatehouse as well as our Patio area. We also plan on completing a renovation for all guest rooms in the 2nd quarter of 2012. We hope this will address your concerns with the condition of many of the areas you mentioned. We have been making efforts to improve both our breakfast and evening social hour food. I do apologize that you didn't experience the superior quality we intend to provide our guests. I have informed our staff of the issues you mentioned with breakfast and the reception. We will monitor it better from now on to ensure everyone has a fair chance at enjoying our complimentary dining options.

I hope that you will reconsider visiting our property in the future, after the renovation to see the difference and improvements we are making. We truly value you as a guest and hope for another opportunity to make things right. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The rooms are large and well-equipped. The buffet, even in the last hour of service was full of good, fresh, hot, food as well as a large selection of fresh fruit. It's location is very, very safe (I traveled with two young children and was alone most of the time with them.) The bed was comfortable and had good pillows. The sofa bed didn't look super comfortable, but my kids had no complaints! I will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2011
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Hello thriftynp78,

The staff here at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest would like to thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel! Guest feedback is so important and we value every review so we can continue to provide the best customer service and hotel accommodations as possible.

I love that you mentioned the rooms to be spacious and comfortable. They are well-equipped for one or many and provide most the modern conveniences of home. Thanks for also mentioning the breakfast buffet. It is a great way to start the day and our staff works diligently to maintain enough, hot food for everyone.

Once again, thanks for choosing the Residence Inn and the kind words in your review. We love satisfied guests and hope to see you again soon!

Take Care,
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I wouldn't be terrifically interested in spending a week here but I just spent 2 nights on business and the place was fine. Room was clean and it was quiet. My only complaint was that I was on a bottom floor (by request) and it was cool at night and I wanted to open the windows but there was no screen and instead of opening only 6 inches or so for safety they opened all the way.. The area appears to be a little on the downswing with a couple closed down restaurants and if you want to go downtown, it's a 20 minute drive but it was close to where I needed to be. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 2BEis2SKI
Edgerton, OH
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Every year we stay here for the US Nationals in September - the past years have been great and that's why we come back. Well I must say - I was dissappointed this time around. First thing when we opened our room it smelled of smoke (I thought this was a non-smoking hotel???) Being a Non-smoker you can smell this a mile away. The first morning (we stayed 2 nights) the breakfast was good and plentiful. The 2nd morning everything ran out and the girl that was "suppose" to be replenishing was still cooking stuff in the back and she looked like she just crawled out of bed too. We decided to go to Bob Evans across the street that morning. Because of these 2 instances, we will not return here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indygirl6666
New York City
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here on two different occasions about a week apart. Each room was slightly different, but had all of the amenities we expect at a Residence Inn. Kitchen had all of the necessary equipment, internet worked, layout gave each of us a little space. The pool was lovely and there is a nice walking trail nearby (bring bug spray!) The location just off 465 made travel easy for a few business appointments and to visit friends. Definitely recommend this place for a trip to Indy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OutWanderin
COLUMBUS OHIO
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Generally i like Residence Inns.....whether business or leisure travel.
BUT they have to be managed and staffed adequately - like any hotel.
THIS one needed help.
No one at front desk to check me in.....they poor soul flying solo that nite was too busy prepping breakfast things - i had to find her! (before 10pm? Aw c;mon!)
They stuck me in a "handicapped access" room with a door that even the incredible Hulk would have had to strain to open on his own.....and the whole wing STANK of vomit.
(Hint - a few puffs of a room smoke-deodorizer might have worked well)
Breakfast at 8am was a case of 'where did everything go?' - obviously there had been a passable selection but all snapped up and no replenishment.
Checkout was fast, efficient. Internet was ok, Room (aside from stuck door) - was ok....clean at least. Bed comfy. AC ok.
Your experience may be better - i hope so, - i called AND wrote Marriott on my unhappy stay here.....having said that, one of my colleagues was equally dischuffed in their overniter last week and moved to the Hilton property nearby. That's where i'll go next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank butlinz
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear butlinz,
First I would like to thank you for your recent stay and review of the Residence Inn Northwest Indianapolis. I apologize that your stay at our property did not meet your expectations. We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied.

We are taking immediate steps to address your concerns. Regarding the service you experienced and breakfast, we have recently hired additional staff to assure that food levels on our buffet are not being depleted and service levels are increased. This will allow our front desk staff to better attend to the needs of our guests. Also, I apologize that you found an odor in your room. I have also instructed our maintenance staff to inspect all guest room deodorizers and doors to make sure there are not any further issues with them sticking or being difficult to open.

We hold ourselves to high standards as a Marriott Residence Inn brand and regret that we disappointed you on this stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you and your colleague would consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with a problem-free stay during your next visit to Indianapolis.