“Family connect over great food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,417 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Ruth’s Chris is always a mainstay for us in Indy. It is pricy but you can share large portions and split if you are portion conscious like us. Valet is a plus! Nice to drive up and go in!

Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes casserole and porterhouse for 2 is great!!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Had a large group dinner here. The cheese trays were good but, the crackers were cheap - like Ritz and saltines. Very odd. The salad dressing was bitter. The steak was very good and cooked well. Members of my group were also very pleased with the salmon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Dinner was great as usual. And as usual, too pricey. The bone-in filet was as tasty as I have ever had. My co-workers had the ribeye and said it was very good as well. But just wished it wasn’t so expensive. I could eat there more often.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Visited Indy for a Garth Brooks concert. I never dined at Ruth Chris because it's expensive.Glad I did. The brunch was definitely worth it. The buffet had anything you would want.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

To some degree, I do get jaded with "steak" restaurants. This is NOT one of them. Yes, the steaks (ribeye, filet, NY strip) are very special but so are the seafood choices, salads, vegetables, mashed potatoes, and the SERVICE. I was not expecting to be so overwhelmed, but this place is quite special indeed. Best steak (ribeye) I've had in years, done perfectly, very memorable. Rest of party had some fine choices also. Suspect it is hard to have a poor meal or service here.
Can ask for a semi private or totally private space. But also do recommend reservations. We didn't need particularly mid-week but given the food/service, I suspect you might want to make a reservation just to be sure. Give this place a try; you will not be disappointed.