“Wonderful Meals”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,478 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We were in Indy for a trade show and took our employees to Ruth Chris to celebrate Christmas and a great year. All of our meals were really exceptional, as was the service. Tina was our server and she was wonderful. Attentive, kind, and on top of things. Steaks were served on very hot plates, with juices steaming. We considered this a special night out and the employees have asked to return next year.

1  Thank Debinohio

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

As always Ruth Chris never disappoints! The bar tenders are so of the best in the business. Seeing a familiar face at the piano every time I visit makes me feel at home.

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank stillalarm
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner for my wife’s birthday. I made the reservation online (which was a smooth and simple process). I made the reservation about 2 weeks ahead of time and several time slots already had no availability so make sure to plan ahead if wanting to come here. There is a business casual dress code as well. The front desk staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and provided excellent service. We both got steaks and shared a side of Brussels sprouts. The steaks came out sizzling and were cooked perfectly, and the Brussels sprouts were delicious as well. We also got the creme Bruce to share for dessert, which tasted great! Overall this was an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I made a Wednesday night reservation here for my husband's birthday about one week in advance. The day of our reservation I called a little past noon to push the time back half an hour and they were able to accommodate. The woman I spoke to on the phone was very friendly. She verified the pronunciation of our last name and that we were celebrating a birthday, then asked whose it was.
On arriving the front doors were opened for us by a valet. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and offered coat check. We were promptly seated. The ambience in the restaurant is classy yet cozy- comfortable and romantic. There is a business casual dress code here.
We sat at a large corner booth that could have seated 4 people easily. We were given standard menus as well as a digital (tablet) drink menu. Our waitress introduced herself and was very good to us all evening. She always referred to us as Mr/Mrs [last name] and made sure our drinks never got too low. She went over the menu and came by frequently l, as did the manager, to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.
I did my best not to fill up on toasty, fresh-out-the-oven bread and butter.
My husband ordered a bone-in NY strip and I chose the barbecued shrimp entree. We also split a side order of potatoes au gratin. As our server explained, the sides are large enough to be easily shared by two or three people.
My husband loved the steak. It arrives on a 500 degree plate with butter sizzling away around it. My sauteed shrimp was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. The au gratin had good flavor but was lacking in presentation and cool in the middle. I found it rather chewy, so I would say that it was not done in the middle at all.
After the meal was cleared away my husband was presented with a little apple dessert cake with vanilla bean ice cream. When she saw me get out my phone for a photo the server kindly offered to take it for me. She took one of just my husband with his dessert and several of us together.
Overall the service here is exceptional- best I've experienced anywhere. The entrees and dessert were delicious. The side dish was not properly cooked. Normally we have special dinners at Bynum's Steakhouse and this time we wanted to try someplace new. If it's up to me in the future I would go Bynum's as the portions there are a better value. Personally I want more of my money to show up on my plate than in the service I receive.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Ruth’s Chris is always a mainstay for us in Indy. It is pricy but you can share large portions and split if you are portion conscious like us. Valet is a plus! Nice to drive up and go in!

Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes casserole and porterhouse for 2 is great!!