“OMG - I loved every dish we tried....”

Bosphorus Istanbul Cafe
Ranked #13 of 2,561 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

OMG - We had the Bosphorus special and the appetizer sampler, with baklava for dessert. The babaganoush was the best I’ve ever had....all other food exceeded expectations - this place is now one of my favorites, and it was my first time here....

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Seriously more people need to know about this restaurant. It is so delicious. I go with my friend and we order many things and share. We always get the hummus, tabouli, pepper delight, and either the turkish delight or guvec and sometimes both. Seriously the best hummus ever and the tabouli is like none I've ever had. I dream about this meal. Some people think the service is slow but I think it's all apart of the meal. It is a time to chill, eat, and be in good company. Amazing food isn't fast. I wish I had their recipes.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I tried a little of everything...hummus (with warm bread!), falafel, lentil soup, lamb chops, seafood casserole. Everything was enjoyed and we had great service!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

We had no idea what to expect and were surprised in a nice way. The food was great. The server was helpful, but a little forceful with the choices.

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

We lived in the Indianapolis area for many years and know most of the great restaurants down town (especially Mass Ave). We came back to Indy for a visit and wished to celebrate my birthday at a place where we could enjoy good food and have conversations without excess noise. Bosphorus seemed ideal and did not disappoint. The hummus was outstanding and the pita soft and fresh. Salad was fresh and flavorful. Lamb Adana and chicken kebab were both excellent. Waiter very attentive. Even with a “5” restaurants may have limitations. The wine list is limited but we enjoyed the Turkish red. Seafood is not featured the way it is in Istanbul (we love Indianapolis, but it is not near an ocean). Finally, if you want to avoid the Mass Ave parking issues, Try Bosphorus.