“Not the quickest service by far”
Review of Ali Baba's Cafe

Ali Baba's Cafe
Ranked #314 of 2,601 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Needed something quick, and received anything but. There were a few tables occupied with people both inside and out - two ppl ordered take out before me. I know I waited a solid 30+ minutes to get two falafals. There was one overwhelmed cook in the back, and two not overly-friendly people working the cash register and counter. The interior was hotter than Hades on what was already getting to be a warm, late May day. The falafal was good - don't know that it was worth the wait.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Ok food. Had gyros. Live in Florida and eat in Tarpon Springs area. A Greek community. No gyros have compared with Great American Subs drive through eat in.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Staying at the Hilton, noted this little restaurant across the street from the side/back entrance. Went for what we hoped was a quick and good dinner, and were not disappointed. Gyros meat flavorful, and, unlike some places, the pita bread was very fresh and was nicely grilled and served hot-off-the-grill. The baklava was some of the best I've had. There are certain things I want left off of my gyros and the kitchen got my order exactly right. The portion is huge for the price.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite. The Gyros were very good. The greek salad was only average. Clean tables, but the place is a bit of a dive.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2017

This is a smaller restaurant downtown, right off Monument Circle and close to the shopping mall and several other stores. They staff all had heavy accents, but were very nice and understanding, repeating things when I couldn't quite understand. I was here with my daughter and grandchildren and they have a lovely menu, suiting not only myself, but also my grandchildren who can be picky about foreign cuisine and also cannot eat pork as they are Muslim. They allow shisha smoking outside at tables in front, but inside is smoke free with a nice party room off the the side and a small hallway that leads to restrooms. I had the chicken shawarma which was delicious! The kids and my daughter all liked what they ordered as well and the tea I decided to try was just perfect. Will definitely come here again if we are ever in the area.

Date of visit: April 2017