“Paella was good”

El Puerto De San Blas
Ranked #796 of 2,501 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Description: Mexican Seafood Restaurant, specialized in Nayarit style pacific cost seafood, take out and catering service
Reviewed September 29, 2015

I really like the ceviche that they serve with the tortillas as appetizers. Not all servers speak english but when in doubt the cashier does, who I think doubles as the manager as well.

Their kids meal are pretty good, and cheap too. Their shrimp nachos has a good taste to it though it's on the greasy side. Shrimp empanadas were blah, did not finish one and brought the rest home but no one ate it.

The Paella was good though. It has the right amount of seafood, not overly salty, good taste, not greasy and right amount of rice to seafood ratio and fairly priced at $15. The other seafood choices are just priced too high for my taste.

Overall it was a good meal and we've come back since our first visit, but we stick to the paella. You can ask for it to be spicy, but beware, it will be SPICY! Sundays are really crowded and can be really loud in that restaurant with families and the singer, I'm sure Saturdays are like that as well.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

Tucked inside Indianapolis International Corridor on the northwest side of town is a FABULOUS restaurant that blends seafood with Mexican spices . There is an overabundance of same tasting Mexican restaurants in the city but this is not one of them. There is no other place like it!!!! . We are HUGE " fans" of Seafood Paella and this establishment serves up the best local version of it and at a fraction of the
cost .Servings are plentiful and with several dishes ( including the Paella ) they could easily be split between 2 persons. . They start by bringing complimentary chips in small dishes filled with a unique salsa as well as ceviche to the table. (Many places now charge for chips and there is nothing special about the dipping sauces or salsas )Prices are more than reasonable . Okay, so the area itself is everything but glamorous, but this eatery is so worth venturing out of your " comfort zone." I dare any of you to dine there once and not go back!

Reviewed August 27, 2015

Very good Mexican food with a large number of seafood dishes. I enjoyed the shrimp enchiladas. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Food was okay. Terrible wait staff. Slow and rude. Asked to speak to manager and was told they didn't know who the manager was. Will never go there again.

1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

I heard about this restaurant more than a year ago, while visiting my fave Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. El Puerto is even better! The restaurant itself looks like a Mexican fast food joint, so I probably wouldn't go there for the ambiance. The food, however, is really unique and delicious. The fish ceviche served with the chips and salsa that began the meal was so fresh and tasty that I nearly changed my order after tasting it. My husband and I both had the lunch special garlic fish. Wow! I wish I could make the delicious sauce at home. The plate was just beautiful. I saved a bit to take home but my husband licked his plate clean. We will return!