“Fair Price for Good Italian”

Ambrosia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ambrosia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 2,500 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Broad Ripple
Cross street: Westfield Blvd & Guilford
Description: Founded in 1979 by Italian-born restaurateur Gino Pizzi, Ambrosia has quietly flourished as an environment where food, drink and conversation can be enjoyed in equal measure. Whether you come to Ambrosia for quiet one-on-one conversation, relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events,Gino Pizzi, and the rest of Ambrosia"s knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the unhurried charm and authentic cooking that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

This is not the best Italian in the city, but I can't quibble with value for the money. My spaghetti with meatballs was quite good at $16. Sauce was good and pasta was perfect al dente. My wife's dish, Medici, was a nice collection of flavors, but too salty. Biggest disappointment was the calamari, over fried and chewy. But a draft Birra Moretti was nice and only $6.

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

The best Italian food in Indy hands down ! Great homemade pasta , Octuops was the best I ever had & great ambiance!

Reviewed November 12, 2016

Ann and I had the chance last night to take friends to the ever popular restaurant, Ambrosia. Our friends had not been there, and they were impressed by the happening scene and buzz of the dining room. The food was outstanding. Two of us had the special which was fettuccini laced with garlic, tomatoes, onion, wine, marinara sauce, and fall apart tender slices of filet. The others had poached salmon and a lovely fettuccini Alfredo. We enjoyed the Caesar and Mista salads and crunch French bread dipped in garlic flavored olive oil. I had the house Chianti which was splendid. Ambrosia is worth the trip by Uber for an out of town visitor coming from the downtown, and it is always a great spot for a Friday night dinner. Despite the years it has been here, it still almost always requires a reservation...it is that popular.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

Being our 45th anniversary while visiting some family who live in the Broad RIpple section of Indianapolis, we said lets go out for dinner but close by and walkable. Ambrosia being around the corner we said let's try it. Excellent choice we made!!
Oysters are something I love and one of the special that evening was Delaware Bay oysters. Being we were visiting from our home in SE PA, that was an easy choice and they were perfect as were the salads chosen by my family members with us. Two types of ravioli made the ladies happy while I settled into my Italian favorite dish - veal marsala with lightly fired scaloppini's of veal topped with truly fresh mushrooms and a light but full flavored marsala sauce. Side pasta was tellingly excellent - a dente with a full flavored but light Bolognese sauce. The green beans on the main dish actually looked and tasted like someone really cared to make them properly which so many restaurants forget about the other things on the plate besides the signature offering. Tiramisu (homemade) was wonderful and good coffee made for a great meal and happy occasion. Did I forget the excellent and fairly priced wine and grappa?!!

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place since it is a local institution but at the price (for pasta) I can't give it a good rating.
Service:
- ordered 2 appetizers, only got 1
- the waiter was not at all knowledgable about the menu - several times he just said he didn't know or had to ask someone
- service was inattentive, long periods lapsed without anyone checking on us.

Food:
- pasta with clams was cool and had little taste
- a second main course was excessively hot also without much flavor
- calamari was not fresh

There are too many other good choices in the area to return.