“We loved the pizza and will certainly return”

Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall
Ranked #219 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 7, 2017

If you really want a taste of Italy, I would recommend Napolese Pizzeria! Making pizza right in front of you reminded me of a little place we found in Florence, IT., last year. The service was very, very good and the pizza (we had two kinds) was delicious! Love the pepperoni they use and the fresh Italian sausage was delicious. We will certainly return!

1  Thank Steve L
Maddy B, Public Relations Manager at Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so happy to hear it made you think back to your Florence vacation. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed February 2, 2017

I enjoy meeting friends here for lunch. Great location, right inside the food court area of the fashion mall at Keystone. There is parking right out in front of the restaurant if you can find a spot there. My friends and I usually get a half salad for lunch and then share a pizza. And there is always leftovers to bring home. I had half of a salad with arugula, roasted winter squash, apple, dried cranberries, roasted hazelnuts with cider reduction. It was delicious and none of the flavors were overpowering. I shared a Margherita pizza with fresh mozzarella basil. There is always a small dish of olives brought to your table along with a water bottle and glasses. And they deliver hot pepper flakes and parmesan cheese in little jars with spoons to your table also if you order a pizza. This location has a great covered outdoor patio which is a great place to sit outside when the weather is warm. Our server was really nice and remembered my friend from the other times she has dined there and automatically brought her drink, tea with orange. And also brought her a tea cup to go when we were ready to leave. Everything seems fresh and is always delicious.

Maddy B, Public Relations Manager at Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Thank you so much for making us your lunch spot with friends! We appreciate the kind words about our location, food and service. We can't wait to see you at your next lunch!

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

So took my family there this afternoon. Not my choice although I've been there several times. My children like the place. Ordered a salad and found insects in it. Manger came over and reminded me that everything comes from local farms. Ok, I'm the queen of farmers markets here in the Indy area. I appreciate that and I'm a vegetarian to boot, but I clean my lettuce when I bring it home and I certainly expect the restaurant that I'm eating at to do the same. Can't believe they couldn't comp me the salad. Bought 3 pizzas, hors d'oeuvres, two bottles of wine. Not like I'm trying to get a free meal. Don't think I'm going back!!

Maddy B, Public Relations Manager at Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

We are so so sorry to hear about this. While yes, we do source nearly all of our produce from local farms and impart strict standards to wash and clean that produce, this was a total oversight and mistake on our part. We promise that this is 100% not up to Patachou standards and hope you might give us another chance. We know that our Manager Jason offered to replace your salad, but we apologize that it was comped. We are so very sorry again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 21, 2017

Recently while visiting family in Indianapolis we stopped here for a quick lunch. There were many different types of pizzas and toppings on the menu. After ordering 3 different pizzas we were not disappointed with our selections.

Maddy B, Public Relations Manager at Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thanks for visiting us for lunch while visiting your family and for your review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your pizzas. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Indy.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

In the craziness of Black Friday shopping, we needed a quick recharge! Made reservations ( wisely ) a week in advance to ensure our wait would be minimal! What a terrific spot. We were seated very quickly ( almost immediately after Napolese opened for the day ) with great window seating. The amazing seasoned olives that you are given as a "treat" before your meal were divine - could have had bowls of those all day with a simple salad! Atmosphere is dark with great mood lighting that would fabulous for a date night. Tried a couple of things across the menu to get a sense of food quality, etc. Everything we tried was fabulous & we wanted more ( Starter: Baked Goat Cheese & Focaccia, Spinach Salad with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette, Margarita Pizza ). If you're looking for a smaller-scale restaurant with great service & a great selection of modern Italian bites, this is your place!

Maddy B, Public Relations Manager at Napolese Pizzeria at the Fashion Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Thanks for dining with us during the Black Friday madness! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your Baked Goat Cheese, Spinach Salad and Margherita Pizza. We hope to see you again soon!