New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #90 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bloomington, Indiana
“I like this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

It is quite near the Indianapolis airport so would be a excellent choice for those who want to catch up with airplane. The kitchen area is great!

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chunyang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at this Candlewood. The staff were always friendly, smiling, and very helpful. Every day my daughter and I stopped at the front desk to ask for directions to our destination and we always received great directions. They don't offer daily housekeeping (which is about the only thing I wasn't happy with), however, they will give you clean towels any time you ask. Their outdoor pool was lovely and well-kept. If I ever plan to spend time in Indianapolis again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night earlier this week (I was in Indy for work), and I was very happy with the whole experience. The suite was spacious and clean, the staff very professional and helpful. It took me about 15-20 minutes to drive downtown for my meeting at 8 am. I wanted to avoid the pricier downtown hotels, and it was well worth it. Free parking and Internet were also a bonus you dont always get downtown. Communal areas (elevators, some hallways) need some updates but a very good impression overall.

• Stayed May 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed for 8 days( check in on a Saturday night). I can not believe that no one comment on how dirty the floors are in the rooms. Our suite was on ground floor witch was very nice, however from the moment I walked in I was strike by how dirty was the carpet in the room and the vinyl in the kitchen. I have a three year old, who plays a lot on the floor, and having a clean carpet was important. There was a big black dirt stain at the entrance and more through out the room, and if you step on it barefoot it was sticky, so as the kitchen floor. They only clean your room once a week. I wanted to take out my trash bag after 4 days since they don't do it for you, and when the bag broke I call and ask for a broom and a mop. I was told that the hotel DOESN'T OWN a mop and the way they clean the kitchen floor is supposedly “get down on their knees and clean it with a rag and a bottle of spray cleaner” (yap...do you really believe anyone does that ??!! ) No wonder that floor was so sticky. IT WAS NEVER MOP !
My second complain was about the fact that our bedroom was sharing a wall on headboard side with the elevators and another wall with a mechanical room witch both where very loud at night and made it hard for me to put the child to sleep.
Everything else was good. The amenities where very nice and the employees where knowledgeable and friendly. The suite has two big closets and a dresser in the bedroom. Very functional kitchen with big pantry.
I would recommend this hotel to someone who has dogs and don’t care much about the floor but not to someone with small children. Also if you park your car in the back there is every night a security guard watching the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arianna H
Fountain, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

There was no breakfast and the Denny's across the street was horrible. There was no shuttle service from the airport. We had to wait an hour at the airport for their "taxi" to get us.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeLepp
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our 2 dogs while on a road trip to Ohio. The room was clean and there was a nice dog walking area. The staff was very nice and the pantry had plenty of items to buy if you needed a snack.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

I coordinated a 12 person tour group on travel through Indiana this week and stayed two nights in the Candlewood Suites Airport Hotel. First they said they had a shuttle... they actually don't and use a local taxi companay, which only allows two people per taxi. The front desk could not get the number rooms rented accurate, fortunately the night manager was able to straighten the booking out. Lastly, although the rooms are very nice, un plug the refrigerator their very noisy.

madwolf