“A Viable Choice For A Colt's Game-Only”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
Ranked #36 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A Viable Choice For A Colt's Game-Only”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We chose the Staybridge Suites as we were in Indianapolis to watch the Packers defeat the Colts with our small dog & most of the lodging Downtown was sold out. We were given a "dog room" on the 2nd floor for an additional $75 pet fee. I believe the inhabitants of room 211 before us must have "bunked" with a pack of wolves.Not only did the room smell like a sordid kennel, but there were stains every where as witness to past beastly soil. Our little pup was scratching for 3 days & it was difficult to sleep.The suite itself was large,with a kitchenette & nondescript decor.Rooms were "lightly cleaned," & sheets were changed once a week.Cleanliness was not next to godliness.Parking cost 12 bucks & if the lot was filled, you had the privlledge of using a parking structure 2 blocks away.The hotel is only 2 blocks from Lucas Oil Stsdium. That's it's only saving grace.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Philip G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Pickens, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Very Convenient to Lucas Stadium. It's a little pricey for non-event nights though. Room and hotel are clean. Since this is a exteneded stay there is no room service on weekends. Parking is limited especially during events. Here's a tip if you don't stay here: don't pay for parking during events, just park here. They don't enforce it!! We had to park in parking garage a block away. There are no convenient restaraunts in the area. I would stay here again if attending stadium event only.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The hotelroom was great, it has a great L shaped layout with a nice well stocked kitchenette, bed with sitting area. I loved it. The evening reception was a very very nice touch and good food and nice wine and beer. The breakfast was also very good. My family was displaced because of a flood in our home. We chose to stay here and it was the best decision, it was truly a home away from home. We will be back to visit. No it's not right in the middle of downtown and you have to walk about 3 blocks to get to the edge of downtown but its still pretty close especially for the price. Righ across the street from Lucas Oil stadium and a few bar and grills are down the street.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimmyindy
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have to say this hotel did not live up to it's description. We stayed in one of their "Studio Suites" and I cannot see how they can call it a suite. It was half the size of any other suite I've stayed in, about as long as a Red Roof double room. The layout was terrible, with a lot of space wasted by a full size fridge, dish washer and stove top. I can't imagine anyone bringing enough food with them to cook while on vacation or on a business trip. The couch and bed were perpendicular to the TV so it was not watchable from either. The TV stand had the only drawers and they were blocked by the bed and would not open the whole way. The rooms AC sounded like a tractor trailer every time it started up and woke me multiple times. The breakfast was decent but there were only six tables in the lobby and finding somewhere to sit was very difficult with a full hotel. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RonPittsburgh_PA
Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed over the weekend and at check in, we were told that they do not have housekeeping on weekends (only if you need something, ie extra towels) This was something new to us, but after thinking about it and staying there, it was no problem. If it keeps the cost down, we are all for it. Everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Please beware of what you are told before you stay at this hotel. Every year I meet my family in this area for a three day weekend and the race. This year I came across this hotel on the internet. The pictures were amazing. The full kitchen really looked great. The price was a little high for a two bedroom suite. But I thought it might be a nice treat. I called to get more details. I was sure to have a long talk with the reservation clerk as I need to ensure we were getting one room with two double or queen beds as I have a 71 year old father and a handycapped sister. They require their own beds. I also travel with my husband and two young children so they could stay on the pull out if needed the other room really didn't matter. I was very excited after talking to the clerk that they had a two bedroom suite one room with two queen beds and another with a king as well as a full kitchen. We arrived three hours early and obviously the rooms were not available. When the room was ready we were very excited to see how it looked. What we found was a a two bedroom suite with two king beds and a kitchen that really should not be called a kitchen. It did have a small fridge and mini stove top but looked nothing like the picture. It actually looked other places we had stayed that called it a mini kitchen area. Basically a one bedroom suite with a door left open to another room. I called downstairs as there was no way father and daughter could sleep together and at this point we didn't have enough beds. I was told that I must have made the reservations wrong as it was coded two kings. I explained I had a detailed conversation with the clerk and was told that is not what we have here. So first I was insulted and made to look like I lied. I explained we cannot take this room we didn't have enough beds. After some back and forth I was told we will give you a room across the hall as that is all we have and will take 50.00 off the room for your trouble. Although I was still a unhappy with the situation and being separated from my 71 year old father he felt he would be fine alone and we were getting a discount price which would save him money so we decided to go ahead and agree. The only other complaint I have is the "movie room" this is really just a TV and you have to bring your own movie to watch. I was under the impression from the site that they played disney movies. When I got home I found a 868.00 room charge and a 197.00 room charge. I would like to know who would ever consider paying that much for three nights! Anyway, I called to complain and was told that again I can't hear well and that the front desk clerk did a great job by giving me a 50.00 credit for the second room. If you are reading this I hope you are also reading the review where a plane was late and someone lost their room ever after calling to let them know. You might want to get a noterized document prior to staying here!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie1253449
Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Staybridge for one night while in Indianapolis to visit the Murat Theatre. The hotel is conveniently located, the price was good, and our room was very nice and clean - with a nice kitchenette, which we didn't get a chance to use. I would say the room is a little smaller than expected for a suite. The living area was very small - the sofa was maybe 5 feet from the TV on the wall, so you felt right on top of it with really no room for additional seating around it. However, the bedroom was large, and since it was just the two of us the living room arrangement didn't matter to us. Breakfast was hot and good. The only real downside is parking - if you're there earliy you can be in the lot right behind the hotel, but if you come in later that will be full and you'll end up parking in the garage two buildings down. And parking is an additional $12. But all in all it was a nice overnight stay at the Staybridge.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple