See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Room must be newly renovated since I didn't see anything wrong with this place. (except for no breakfast)
Would prefer staying here anytime since this place is so close to the racetrack. Coming to work again on the tracks month end. Staff is very helpful..Room is decent size and very clean. Plus they were glad to accommodate my cat.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2017

I have stayed here for years since it is in the vicinity to my Inlaws house. This place is being upgraded. Room was nicely furnished and heat worked great. No breakfast though. Outside grounds looked good and place was very secure for a single last travelling. Front desk was very nice and helpful. I'm glad that the owners are renovating this place

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

We booked by tripAdvisor and Stayed at Royal inn for one night in June, the location is extremely good, very nice for such a reasonable rate, rooms were spacious and comfortable, it's worth, quite, comfortable place the hotel was near by all kinds of restaurants

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is dirty, reeks of smoke and all blankets have cigarette burns. The website said pool and continental breakfast but had neither. Two queen beds but only 3 pillows. Sketchy neighborhood. There are other, nicer cleaner hotels on the other side of 65 with more amenities and better neighborhood.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2015

So I tried to get a room in Indy last night since my family was displaced. I drove all over the west side of town before I was FORCED to stay here. There was a mouse in my wastebasket, and the front desk told ME to get rid of it. I am sorry, but I don't do mice, rats, snakes, etc. So then it got out, so I spent the entire night in my bed scared to walk on the floors. Then there is the floors. The carpet turned my socks black! The tile in the bathroom was totally cracked and broken. I cut my toe! There was a missing bar in the tub, so the bottom of the shower was moist on the inside, and is smelled of mildew really bad.

I then was told, and signed a receipt that my room was 63.xx. I woke up this morning to find that I have been charged $75.00! I left and tried to find ANYWHERE else to stay, but was not so lucky with the Monument Marathon in town. I then witnessed a drunk gentleman taking a cab to the motel, where he attempted to rent a room, and the owner proceeded to tell him that they couldn't because everything else they had vacant had ROACHES! The rooms in the hall with mine all had cigarette and marijuana smoke barreling from under the doors.

I would seriously think twice if you are considering staying here. It would not be in your best interest. I will be going to the Dr. for this cut on my foot. There is no telling what I may have picked up in the filthy place.

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO ELSEWHERE!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo