“Great location”

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Ranked #20 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel has a great downtown location, you can walk almost anywhere downtown if you choose. We booked this room thru Priceline 1 day prior to our visit. We self parked in the underground garage for $22, which was the going rate at most area garages. Check in was flawless. The entire hotel was modern and clean. The 4 elevators were fast enough, we never waited more than 1 minute for one to arrive. Our room was clean with a great view of the city. The beds were a bit small, not really suitable for 2 people and the sheets were a little rough for my taste. I never noticed any construction noise, but did see workers in the building. The hotel is connected to the Circle Centre Mall, which was a bonus. There is a Subway, Pizza place and another small resturant in the lobby. I would not recommend the hotel resturant for breakfast as the prices were high, $26 for 1 childs breakfast, coffee and a chorizo burrito.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've stayed at this Hyatt, but not since the remodel. The rooms have new furnishings and the bathrooms have also been redone. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the new look of the rooms and hallways. We stayed here for a cheer competition, we were on the 18th floor, and the elevator situation was never horrible. The room has a mini fridge and coffee maker. We needed to stay another night and the staff was very accommodating about letting us stay in the same room, even though it was supposed to come off the market for maintenance. Billy at the front desk was wonderful. The rooms are quiet, I never heard any noise from our neighbors or the kids staying at the hotel.

The lobby is comfortable and there are fast food as well as a full service restaurant on site. There are many restaurants within a block of the hotel.

I loved that the hotel was connected to the convention center and the mall. It was great to not have to drag our coats around.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank homeykat
Hyattindindianapolis, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Homeykat,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. We are pleased that you found our renovation to be comfortable and our staff to be accommodating. Those are the best compliments we can receive and we strive for these kind of reviews. We hope to see you back with us during your next cheer competition and we will continue to meet your every expectation.

Warm Regards,

Brian Comes
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed this past weekend for a national cheerleading competition. I would like to compliment the entire staff on making attempts to make sure we were satisified. Yes, the elevators are slow, but the staff noticed I had given up waiting and started towards the stairs when a maintenance person instead asked that I follow him to an employee elevator. They do charge for wireless connection, but I had two computers and although the charge would normally be for each computer the front desk clerk offered to refund the charge for one of the computers. The valet service asked if I had a good stay and liked the remodeled rooms. Yes, they are very nice. Housekeeping did a nice job of cleaning the room. So bottom line, I appreciate that the folks that are working at the hotel clearly tried to make sure my stay was pleasant. P.S. The rooms are all remodeled and very nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2012

No complaints about room. Just gorgeous and all very modern. Nice Ipod dock and lighting. Beds are small. Huge bathroom. Great view. Loved it was connected to Circle Centre Mall, a real plus. Parking was not free and Wifi was 10 bucks a day. Construction was LOUD but stopped at 5 pm, thank goodness. I would go again but after project is completed. We paid 140 for a nice room so not too bad there. Bar and restaurant was really nice!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from construction!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We did book this hotel though priceline and got the hotel for for under 50 dollars. Cant complain about that. Parking was 22.00, little high. But overall Within blocks to tons of restaurants. There was a little construction going on at the hotel, but did not bother us too much. It did look like this will soon be conected the the big mall downtown, that construction looked like it was going to be complete soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel is very beautiful and a great place to stay, at Priceline prices. If not for priceline, I would never stay at a hotel like this. Even though it is a great hotel, the fact that parking is $30 a night and they charge for Wi-Fi, where every place in America has free wi-fi (starbucks, panera, gyms, malls, etc) shows that this company is just out to rip off there customers. I got the hotel room for $47 (plus tax). So for me, it was still a great deal. But out of principal, to have to pay $30 a night for parking when you are a guest is like going to a restaurant and then charging you extra to sit down at your dinner table. I have learned over my 7 years of using Priceline that the higher the star rating, the more you are charged for stuff you get for free at lower star hotels. Example, 2.5 star you get free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free parking, etc. 4.0 star you pay for parking, breakfast and wi-fi. I bet at a 5 star, you have to put quarters in to get toilet paper. The main difference in the starts is the lobby area. The best room I ever stayed in was a 2.5 star Wingate hotel. In conclusion, the hotel really is beautiful, convenient, and a great place to stay, but they nickel and dime you for everything and unless people complain about it, they will never change. Or maybe everyone just has money to burn, were I do not.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great location, will be nicer when renovation is complete.

• Stayed: December 2011