“Really Enjoyed our stay!”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #43 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for one night in February 2012 using points to book it.
There were many people checking in when we arrived but check in was still fast. We were invited to the club lounge for free snacks and breakfast, which was nice.
Our room overlooked the statue in the center of the city, which my mom really enjoyed. For our purposes, room size and quality was fine.
We did go to the business lounge for afternoon coffee and the simple breakfast in the morning. I also used the free computer printing for directions.
We were able to walk everywhere we wanted.
Check out was seamless.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is in need of a serious refurb at this point. On the plus side the rooms are clean, staff friendly and it's a very good location.

The BIG problem was the one zone heating. The hallways are a blast furnace and the rooms not much better. I had to turn the heat completely off and sleep with the curtains wide open to keep the room at a warm but livable level.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We just returned from a two night stay. What a disappointment for what I have always considered a top notch hotel chain. The first room I was given had an oil type space heater because the room unit didn't work. When I called the front desk I was lied to an told "we are between seasons and the room heating units aren't working". I informed her that this was not acceptable and she moved me to a room with heat. Guess that room was unaware that it was between seasons. Oh and others people that was with us.....well they too had the oil type heaters but remained in the room they were given. I just wonder what the fire marshall would think about these oil heaters??? There is no restaurant but they do have a Starbucks.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank KathyGoldman
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here for a few nights around the Super Bowl. The hotel staff clearly went out of their way to provide as much extra help and assistance as they could to make guests feel at home. Service was friendly and excellent. The rooms are standard. Clean, but the water pressure / shower nozzle was not good and made it hard to get conditioner out of my hair. The best feature is the location. It's a block of the main circle downtown. You can easily and safely walk anywhere in the area. There is a Starbucks in the building as well, which is always nice. Breakfast was fine, your standard basic hotel buffet. Plenty of great restaurants are within walking distance, and you can walk to the stadium easily. There is a parking garage at the hotel, which looks as if the ceiling is starting to fall apart.
Overall, fine hotel and service. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Select a high floor - street noices can be heard more at the lower levels.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The property is showing signs of its age, even since my last review. This floor wasn't as nice, and their were some overall housekeeping/maintenance issues that were visible, such as an odd smell in the hallway, worn carpets and windows needing exterior cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank luvleightoo
SheratonIndyGM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate you letting us know about our great staff and areas of the hotel we can improve on. Our company has recognized these and we have several upgrades scheduled to start soon. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Indianapolis!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here for one night for business meeting the next day. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It was reasonably priced and had all the comforts needed for a business trip. I forgot to pack my electric shaver but they had a complimentary disposable with shaving cream available at front desk. If you are looking for a centrally located hotel downtown this is a good pick.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Made a great base for New Years Eve with friends and family. King room facing circle was just perfect. Nice sized room, decent bathroom, very comfortable bed. Parked 1/2 block south on Illinois, top floor so I could see car, $5 for 21 hours. Hotel price is very good for downtown, however, there is a combined Indiana & Downtown 17% tax added to bill. Will stay at the Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Request circle side room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

We are glad you had a great experience and that you enjoyed the view from the room and the amenities we offer. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and we hope to see you return again soon.