“I'm so torn on how to rate this place!!”
Review of Indy Speedway Inn

Indy Speedway Inn
Ranked #134 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Burlington, Iowa
“I'm so torn on how to rate this place!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I don't know where to begin. We went to Indy to go to the Boston Celtics game. We arrived at 4:30, check in is at 2. I was greeted by a very nice, almost too nice, of a man who checked me in and explained to me that my room was being cleaned, but I could just stand outside and wait. Odd. He also asked me if we were allergic to dogs, because they had repairs going on at the hotel and the people doing the work had dogs- 12 to be exact. I said that was fine. He told me that his hotel was safe because "black people and hoodlums don't like dogs"- yeah, too bad my kids are all bi-racial and I was NOT happy with that comment. I was in no need to argue, I just wanted to go to my game. We went up to our room and the cleaning lady was still there, we waited until almost 430 before we got in the room. The room smelled like weed, assuming it was the people next to our room. The floor was dirty and there were 3 walmart bags under the table that were not ours- i didnt even touch them. The tile in the bathroom area was gross. The bathroom is SO small that they have to cut the door to go around the toliet seat so you can open and shut it....hmmmm.....Breakfast is awful. I called and had asked if they had flip waffles, because my kids love those- they told me yes...yeah, they don't. You are offered 3 types of cereal, bagels and frozen waffles. They have strong coffee and not orange juice, but orange drink- just go across the street to I-Hop. The only reason I didn't give this place 1 star is because the man at the front desk, the owner, tried to be so helpful- if he hadnt made his comment about the dogs, then I wouldve totally loved him- I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you were just going to be going to the hotel for a few hours....its def. not somewhere I would stay for more than one night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vanillac2u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
MANTENO
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I booked this room on the Ramada Inn website. The cancellation policy there states that the reservation must be canceled by 6 pm on the day of arrival. When I called the hotel at 10:15am the day of arrival, the general manager told me his cancellation policy was 4pm the day before arrival. He told me that I would be charged for the first day and that he would cancel the second day. I hung up and immediately called customer service at Ramada. It seems that they have no control over this Ramada be cause "it is independently owned and operated". They offered to file a concern that would go to the general manager of the hotel (the guy I had just spoken to). All in all a pretty low class operation. I recommend the Red Roof Inn for budget travelers in this area.
I did manage to cancel my debit card before this clown charged me so I wasn't out any money. It just seems odd that Ramada has no control over the franchisee and his "new and improved" (for Him) cancellation policy.

Poor Poor Poor, They should be ashamed. I would give it a zero star but one is the lowest you can go. It doesn't look good for Ramada and Wyndham resorts, the parent companies.
Oh, I forgot to mention, I had to cancel due to the death of my brother in law in Harrisburg, PA. I looked at booking a Microtel in Mechanicsburg, PA, but they are also owned by Wyndham so why would I?

Room Tip: The best room at this hotel is at another hotal.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank libertybear2
Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed one night at this location for SuperBowl weekend. Let's just say I would never have paid the normal price of this room never mind the amount we paid . At best this this is a 2 star motel. The room itself was semi ok, somewhat clean, the bathroom was aweful, I actaully cleaned it before I would use it. I can't believe that this is owned by the Ramada chain. I am thankful that I only spent about 5 hours in this room total. The only thing nice I can say is that the front desk staff went out of their way to welcome us. I suppose that's what happens when you are paying a 5 star hotel price for a 1 star motel. The only positive to this is that the highway and restaurants are right next door.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manda04
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Johnny B, the host, makes this place. Anything he can do for you, he will.

• Stayed February 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Second time at this motel. Room was clean and front desk was very nice. Just off 465 at Shore Drive. McDonalds right on corner so it's convenient for lunch or breakfast on your way out. Pet friendly and nice property. It's an average to better stay for the night

Room Tip: Ask for an up front room in Bldg. #3
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Ramada Limited Indianapolis West at W. 38th St. and I-465 exit is a decent place for one night or a weekend without breaking your budget. The rooms are small but clean. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The hotel is a bit hard to find--make sure you are in the right hand lane coming off the interstate so you can turn into the access road at the first stoplight. You have to wind your way around the access road.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We spent two nights at the Ramada Limited on Shore Drive while visiting our son and daughter-in-law. The staff was wonderful, very welcoming and making great effort to ensure that our stay was pleasant.
When we checked in they offered to change our room from the two doubles we had booked through Hotels.com to a queen room. This moved us from second floor to first. (No elevators)
While the room was very small, it was clean and comfortable.
We had a minor problem trying to access the internet from a second laptop, but a call to the desk had them issue us a second password in minutes.
Staff person, perhaps one of the owners??, asked us each and every time we saw her if all was good with our room.
I will say the room was tight, but we were only there two nights and were not uncomfortable. If you are going to be staying longer and perhaps having people come to your room, this may not be the place for you.
I would definitely go back to this hotel and will recommend it to anyone traveling to Indy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family