New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Rodeway Inn North Conference Center

Rodeway Inn North Conference Center
Ranked #152 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Broken Down Excuse for a Water Park”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

The water park is small, dirty, broken down and poorly equipped. It wasn't crowded the day we arrived but no life jackets or inner tubes were available which is a problem since you can't bring your own in. Second day, the hot tub and pool closed. The pool reopened the next day. Hot tub never did. Then there's the hotel itself. The room reeked of cigarettes. The ice machine didn't work. That turned out to be a good thing since we later saw roaches crawling near it. The elevator only got stuck once which gave us a chance to see the standing water on the stairs. Management was totally unapologetic about the condition of the facilities. They blamed customers for tearing stuff up. Nice. I cannot emphasize strongly enough. DON'T GO to Caribbean Cove.

2 Thank Kristin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Booked through Hotwire and they claimed this is a 3 start hotel, I dont think so. Hotel needs to update rooms and specially bathrooms. Stayed there for 5 nights and saw a dead bug in my room the first night and it stayed there till the last night so that tells you a little about house keeping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We utilized the meeting space at the Caribbean Cove Hotel, and everything ran rather smoothly. There was free internet throughout the hotel. I was able to enjoy the waterpark while I was there, a great place to bring the family. The staff was very friendly at the hotel and happy with the conditions of the room. The hotel includes free parking, which is a plus and beef and boards was right next to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chad W
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our Lacrosse team stayed here for a nearby tournament. The hotel is disgusting, dirty carpet, furry a/c units, vents and doorways, smoke stench in rooms, mildew in bathrooms, failing key card system. Beyond that - I could not reserve attached rooms to assure my kids were next to me, the maintenance staff let me into a room without checking any ID, the water park staff had no training when the fire alarm went off for a real fire in an a/c unit (3 firetrucks came), two other families in our group found BED BUGS. One coach brought a bug and showed the maintenance staff. The kids said the waterpark is gross with rusting connections and slimy tubes. Stay away!!

2 Thank mrbail
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Me and my family decided to take a small mini vacation, so we thought we would go to the Carribean Cove in Indianapolis, so we reserved our room on Monday 16th to cheak in on the 19th, the night before, i saw tripadvisor reviews on this hotel, i thought i would read what people had to say, it was horrible what people were saying, and i do mean horrible, like dirty, unfriendly, so on and so on, i almost canceled our trip, but i didn't, and im glad we went. My experience with this place was way different then the reviews, it was beautiful, very clean, pool was clean, some of the staff were very friendly, some weren't. Food was okay, rooms were clean and very comfortable. Nice ice cold air, we were in room 172. I didn't see any bed bugs, did see a ant and a water bug. But come on folks, its an indoor water park, it attracts water bugs. I am glad i went and saw it for myself. I work for 2 magazines, so for me to be pleased is unusual. My father is a state inspector. They had no ideal who i was so there was no reason for them to clean it up for me. I cant wait to return, please check it out instead to believing these views cause it is not what i expected it was fantastic.
Dee Mitchell

Room Tip: 172 was very clean,it sits near the pool, comfortable beds, nice patio.
1 Thank Dee M
CCH M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn North Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your review, its so refreshing to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that this past experience will bring you and your friends back to our hotel.
state college, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Room was average, location is good for venues on the southwest, west, north, or norteast sides of the city. Plenty of close restaurants. Weekdays were very good as far as wait time for elevators, etc. but on the weekend they come for the waterpark (makes sense I admit). I'll confess to pushing all the buttons in elevators when I was a kid, but it sure is annoying when you're an adult. Not the hotel's fault, although there are elevators that can cancel the lights when a kid pushes each one. All in all a good hotel for the price and I would stay again. I had no insect problems as reported by another reviewer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the very ends are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Thank you to the manager Collin he was very polite and helped me and my children with everything that we needed during our stay. He made it very comfortable. A second place like home. We will be returning and getiing more rooms the next time. Thank you again

Room Tip: My family and Ienjoyed our room with the balcony with the pool view