“Nice place - Our regular stay in Indy”

Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #55 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We found this hotel when our son started college in Indianapolis five years ago. Now he lives in Indy and we continue to stay here when we visit. We've never had a bad experience. Extended families also stayed there when our son graduated last May. All were quite pleased. A nice hotel and a good value.
Since we started going there five years ago they've remodeled the lobby and breakfast area, and also refreshed the rooms. They are comfortable and quiet. It's nice to have a split bathroom, with toilet/shower in a separate room from the sink/mirror area. Some rooms are around an open area exposed to the lobby below, so I've had concern there could be a noise problem. But we've never been disturbed by it.
The staff is always pleasant and helpful. I enjoy chatting with the gal who runs the breakfast buffet. She keeps the items fresh and is there to help if there's a problem. A nice variety of hot items (eggs, sausage, french toast, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal) and two do-it-yourself wafflemakers (improved newer ones when we last visited). Also a variety of fruits, breads, donuts, and cereals. There is also an evening snack and drinks until 7PM, and popcorn (my favorite) until 10PM.
There's convenient access to I-465 on the northwest side of the city. Only 15 minutes to the Butler campus or to Downtown. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We got there late asked to stay till noon they obliged us..House keepers were Banging loudly and squeeking something in the room keeping us from sleeping started around 7:30am and did not stop till we left! The room had a clump of slimy hair on the Faucet handle! Terrible experience! We complained and they Comped us the room good thing i guess..We still did not get any sleep! Called Regional Manager Got no satisfaction . Said most of the rooms were empty that night.. Had nothing to do with the Housekeeper not letting us get any sleep.. Third time we stayed at a Drury Inn..Similar problems with all Three...Go somewhere else! Name sayes it all When you leave you will be Drury. or is that Drowsy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you expect to sleep late! The house keepers are not going to let that happen
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. We truly regret that we did not meet your expectations regarding the comfort and cleanliness of your room. Please know we will always respond to any concern of any kind that is brought to our attention. We have a green initiative to eliminate waste and have recently moved to a bath amenity dispensers in the room. A manufacturing defect has been discover that resulted in leaking of the shower gel dispensers. The defect has been corrected and the problem has been eliminated.

Thank you for your feedback we hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Mallory Toles

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We spent three nights at the Drury Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. Rooms were clean, breakfasts were good and amenities were excellent such as free wi fi and a nice workout room. Staff were helpful and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Sjggrg
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Bottom line: I would stay elsewhere. A number of things made the hotel unattractive.

Check in was literally 15 seconds and check out was unnecessary. Front desk and the breakfast crew do a great job with service. Customer service is very good and clearly a high priority. Unfortunately, the hotel is lacking. The king bed room was just a bit small. For example, the distance from the tub to the counter in the bathroon is the width of the door. The TV is just a bit large for the room. The desk is more of a writing desk than a work area and is about half the depth that is comfortable. The bed was uncomfortable. Too firm with little cushion. Flushing the toilet created a very loud whine while filling (a minute at least). There was a low hum that kept me awake until about 1am. I assume it was either the HVAC or a truck idling in the parking lot. I was on the road side and was up about 5:30am because of the traffic noise. I was down stairs at about 8:15am for breakfast. My electronics were not with me and I was hoping to use the hotel computer. Unfortunately, someone was camped on the 1 computer I saw. Breakfast was terrible. I assume it was because of the time of day. Biscuits and gravy: hard biscuit and off tasting gravy. I settled for organic granola, a mini Yoplait yogurt, and coffee. The granola was very good and the coffee tasted burned and very acidic.

Perhaps a 1 off, but I will not stay at this location again. There is a Drury Inn & Suites across town. I would assume that would be a little more upscale.

Room Tip: Street side is quite noisy Business center consists of a desk and a computer
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to help us improve. Your comments are very important to us and we will use them to improve our service in the future.

Thank you for staying with Drury Hotels!

Mallory Toles General Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2011

It is a good hotel with Holiday Inn type of quality. Staff were nice. Breakfast food and evening happy hour snacks were good. Around the neighborhood, there is some restaurants and a Costco store. The location is about 10 miles from downtown and easy to get to, pretty much going straight on North Michigan St.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Drury Inn Hotel northeast of Indianapolis for 5 days while attending a convention. We chose the hotel because of its relative convenience to the Indiana State Fairgrounds, where the convention was being held, and because it provided both a full breakfast and a light supper.

The hotel is comfortable -- good beds, nice service. The rooms are standard, the beds comfortable. There are not a lot of extras in the rooms, but there is free internet, plus a refrigerator.

I believe the real reason people stay here is for the food. The full breakfast is quite good - scrambled eggs, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, doughnuts, etc. It doesn't seem to vary much, which is fine. In the evening, from 5:30 - 7:00, there is provided what they call a "Kick Back." This was easily a meal for my daughter and me, plus most of the other people at the hotel. There were always good baked potatoes, lettuce, carrots and celery, chips, and hot dogs. In addition, there was always something else: hamburger mix and refried beans for nachos or to go on the baked potatoes, chicken nuggets, or spicy chicken, macaroni & chees, chili, and/or cream of broccoli soup.

If we could arrange our schedule to be at the hotel during "Kick Back," we didn't have to go out to eat.

As for the position of the hotel, it is right next to a busy freeway. The freeway noise could be disturbing to a light sleeper. If that is the case, request a room on the side of the hotel away from the freeway. Our room was on the noisy side, but it didn't bother us.

If my schedule were to allow me to always be at the hotel at dinner time, I would choose the Drury Inn over other similar hotel chains.,. If not, I would choose the Drury only if it were convenient to my location.

Room Tip: I believe the odd-numbered rooms would be quieter than the even-numbered rooms. Please ask when mak...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed during the Indianapolis marathon, and the hotel went out of it's way to accommodate the needs of the runners. Extra bananas were on hand, healthy breakfast choices that were laid out earlier than normal, since we needed to leave early, and late check out options, to allow for a trip back and a quick shower.

Went over the top to provide excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
0.4 km away
5.9 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest
0.6 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North

Been to Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!