“Smaller Drury Inn on north side of Indy”

Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #55 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This Drury is a very small property. It is very well maintained overall, although the carpeting in our room was a bit worn in the doorways. These rooms are smaller than the newer Drury Inns, so the bathroom was very small, although adequate.
The bed was OK, but not the most comfortable of our trip, and we stayed in 4 different Drury's during our travels this time.
The breakfast area is quiet small, as is the business area. They still serve the ill compliment of hot evening foods, beverages, and breakfast. The serving area is small compared to some other Drury's.
The staff was fabulous, as always. Helpful, friendly, courteous, in all capacities. The room was clean.
A few things were found bothersome, which may be picky, but there was not a recliner chair in the room and the TV remote would not consistently work. Also, they only have an outdoor pool, which is oly open in the summer months. Very small exercise room.

Room Tip: All rooms seem very quiet, even those facing the road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I booked the Drury Inn in Indianapolis because it is close to Beef and Boards, a dinner and broadway show. We used our drury points so the room was free! The hotel is on the northwest side of indy. Probably, 20-25 minutes from downtown.

Check-in was very easy and staff was very polite!

Room was a little smaller than most drurys i have stayed in, as well as the bathroom! You could tell this was one of the older drury's. However, the hotel was perfect for a one night get-a-way. The free breakfast was excellent! There was an outdoor pool, but no indoor pool.

THE STAFF MEMBERS AT THIS HOTEL ARE EXCELLENT! They made sure we had everything we needed and always asked if there was something they could do.

Drury Inn's have the hotel business figured out. Huge fan!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We were searching for a hotel for the night on our way home. We had just bought a puppy, so we needed something that was pet friendly. I googled pet friendly hotels and pulled up the Drury Inn. I called and the receptionist was incredibly nice. I reserved a room and when we checked in it was very quick and easy, They were just wonderful about the puppy and she insisted to see her. She gave us a voucher for 3 free mixed drinks at the bar and they were serving snacks that were very good. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Everyone member of the staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. I can honestly say overall it was my best hotel experience yet and I travel quite a bit with my business. After this excellent experience, I will definitely patronize Drury Inns in the future!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

As other reviews have stated, the benefits are the free popcorn, pop, breakfast, dinner (in my book) and drinks at night. The room was acceptable and the bed was comfy for my liking. Staff was friendly, especially the bartender and staff at the evening reception. I cannot remember their names but both ladies had a great sense of humor and were professionally social. You cannot go wrong with Drury Inn's. If I am in Indianapolis again, I would consider staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My first stay at a Drury and a nice experience. Arrived ahead of my friend and the check in time so hung out in the lobby at a round table, watched the news on t.v., had wi-fi on my iPad, drank the free coffee and ate the free popcorn while I waited. Friendly atmosphere. I loved the free dinner buffett which included three free drink tickets for each of us. (Beer, wine, mixed drinks, martinis~more choices than I would have imagined.) I have told my friends about the Drury and intend to check them out again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Check in was quick and easy. I was asked about a location preference. When I said I wanted some place quiet, they found a great spot for me. They have a nice cocktail hour with decent food. The breakfast was very good. I've stayed at several Drury Inns and this one had the best staff. My only complaint is that the mattress in my room was very soft and I prefer a firmer mattress.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed for one night in January. Very close to where I needed to be and plenty of restaurants around that are of decent calibur. Rooms were clean, lobby was nice. Breakfast was good, the cocktail hour wass nice and had decent food. I don't know how much the room was as I was on a company trip, but it seemed like a good value. My only complaint was the room....very bright at night time and nothing I could do about it.

Room Tip: You probably want an interior room if those are even available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
0.4 km away
5.9 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest
0.6 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North

Been to Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!