“Etouffee!”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 27, 2016 via mobile

I've been to LA for Po-Boys and this is a great meal. It is totally unexpected what you get, and it is not really outrageous in price, show your gun permit for a nice discount! When I'm in town I will be back!!!

Reviewed November 7, 2015

If you like cajun and especially po-boy sandwiches, you have to try this place. The fried oyster po-boy I had was the best I have ever had. I have had them in New Orleans, Mobile and all along the gulf coast and this was by far the best tasting sandwich of them all. Not only that, but as you eat your sandwich you can order small side dishes of mushroom etoufee, jambalya, red beans and rice and several other sides. They keep bringing them to your table as long as you have your card in the card holder. We topped our meal off with some of the best bread pudding I have ever eaten as well. All for less than $20. The only downside is that I must take my wife there and it is over an hour and half drive.

Reviewed November 2, 2015

Our son-in-law suggested this restaurant and told us not to expect much until the food arrived, he was almost right. From the outside you stop and think about going in. Once inside you look around and wonder if there's enough room to get to a table. That's where the bad stuff ends. The staff was GREAT, friendly, helpful and very polite. We ordered at the counter, found an empty table and things got even better. Our waitress explained how to order free side dishes and helped us the first time. The food is all prepared when you order, nothing is sitting in warmers. The side dishes are so good you could make a meal of them but you have to order a sandwich to get them. All drinks are locally produced so don't expect brand name colas. The place is extremely friendly, crowded, noisy and has great food.

Reviewed September 26, 2015

Sure, it's not in the absolute nicest part of town, but don't let the plain brick exterior and the permanent marker-graffiti on the interior fool you. The po-boys are fantastic! I've gotten the catfish twice, on soft bread with applesauce and french bread as sides and I will go again a third and fourth time, etc. I highly recommend Papa Roux's!

1  Thank CaroCSmith
Reviewed September 26, 2015

We went in 7 minutes before 4 pm - there was not another guest in the place and they wouldn't budge on leting us apply the kids-eat-free after 4pm program. I have never been impressed with the service here but it seems extreme to turn away a customer over 7 minutes. Note to Art: Is that really your policy really that short sighted?