“Extremely disappointed in service”
Review of Papa Roux - CLOSED

Papa Roux
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I have never given a rating this low, and given a "two star" to only one other restaurant. This is all about the service. I had never been to the restaurant, but was in the area and excited to go. I came in after the lunch crowd, with several tables unbussed. It is a small restaurant, which is fine, so I stood at the counter and looked at the overhead menu. One of the waitresses told me I could have a seat. I said I was going to stand and wait for a table. I assumed I had to order at the counter anyways. She was very short and told me repeatedly they would bus a table. She sat me and left. I waited 12 minutes and she did not return. In the meantime, there were tables to my right, left and front that got set, got drinks, ordered and received their side orders. When I say she literally walked by me 3-4 times, I mean within 3 feet. There were also two other waitresses that were working. Again, this place is not big inside, so there was no way to miss me. I ultimately got up and left. Very sad because the food looked great.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank J.J. G

Reviewed October 25, 2017

If you go near Indianapolis, Indiana you must go to Papa Roux!! I had the andouille sausage Po Boy and it was absolutely amazing! The sides; from the red beans and rice to the Étouffée were well prepared and tasty. I will go back to Indiana to visit Roux again!

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

This place is a must, must visit. If I lived here would be in my top 5 I would frequent. I loved the sauce they put on the bread and the slaw was so flavorful. They don’t go for average on any of the sides, all had great flavors. Stevia Coke is good, all their drinks are made for them, not typical.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Best Cajun food outside of New Orleans, you get so much food they give you 3 sides and bring them out before your meal I was full and the side were killer rice and red beans creole and rice and the bread pudding was awesome. Had the muffalata sandwich and it too was right on. Will go back.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Love this place. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The portion size of the po boys are huge. Highly recommend getting different entrees and share. Love the oyster po boy and can't go wrong with much of anything on the menu.

Date of visit: September 2017