“A hidden Gem”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

This place is a nice Hidden Gem the food is very good Cajun style restaurant
They even have alligator on their menu no matter what you order you get three free sides this place is unbelievable is not a big seating area but if you can get in sit down and enjoy you won't be disappointed family-owned family-operated prices are very very reasonable

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Papa Roux’s is a wonderful establishment. The staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is fun and very inviting, and the food will knock your socks off.

Many of the menu items are locally sourced and the freshness is present in every bite. The entree portions are quite generous, and if that wasn’t enough; for a small additional charge, you can add unlimited sides as well.

Personally, I recommend doing so. Otherwise, it’s just too hard to choose between the delicious options available. Sweet cornbread, red beans and rice, cheese etouffee, Cajun chili, bread pudding... the list is substantial.

Every dish is prepared with care and attention. I cannot recommend Papa Roux’s enough. And once you visit, neither will you.

Bon appetite!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

Best Cajun in Indy! Great spice and flavors and my tastebuds are still dancing! Their Shrimp Po Boy was so full that the shrimp was jumping out! The bread is to die for! With the 3 sides, my belly was full!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 10, 2018

We arrived at 1115am, knowing they get busy and fill up fast. There were only 2 other tables at the time. You no longer order at the counter, but at the table. They no longer offer free unlimited sides, it is now $3.00 extra, and all other pricing has also increased. Sweet tea is no longer complimentary. It took forever to receive our meals. We waited at least 5-8 minutes after our meal delivered before we received our sides. I love the creole side and put it on my andoulie sausage over rice. We left 1.5 hours later, and others at our table barely got a second order of their "unlimited sides" after paying for it. Since you no longer pay at the counter when you order, you must now pay at the end. This too was a disaster. A member of our party was charged $50.00 for two lunches and took another 10 minutes at the register for them to get it corrected. No checks were delivered, you just tell them what you had.
It is a shame, as the food is delicious, but no one wants to wait for a portion of their food while the rest gets cold. I am not eager to return.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I have never given a rating this low, and given a "two star" to only one other restaurant. This is all about the service. I had never been to the restaurant, but was in the area and excited to go. I came in after the lunch crowd, with several tables unbussed. It is a small restaurant, which is fine, so I stood at the counter and looked at the overhead menu. One of the waitresses told me I could have a seat. I said I was going to stand and wait for a table. I assumed I had to order at the counter anyways. She was very short and told me repeatedly they would bus a table. She sat me and left. I waited 12 minutes and she did not return. In the meantime, there were tables to my right, left and front that got set, got drinks, ordered and received their side orders. When I say she literally walked by me 3-4 times, I mean within 3 feet. There were also two other waitresses that were working. Again, this place is not big inside, so there was no way to miss me. I ultimately got up and left. Very sad because the food looked great.

Date of visit: December 2017