“Good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Nice clean big rooms and plenty of tv channels. Internet was decent enough for checking emails and basic web surfing. Bandwidth is not enough to watch to watch movies on your laptop. Had less issues on my iPad. I don't know what other business are around but beginning of the week is very busy. Book ahead if you can. All in all a good hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2012

It is rare for me to give a great review to mid-priced hotels such as this one, and Holiday Inn Express has not been my favorite in this category in the past. I needed a hotel close to Holiday World and Huntingburg when moving my son to this area for a summer job. After seeing the other hotels choices in the area, I am VERY glad I chose this one!

This hotel is 4 years old and looks practically new. It is perfectly maintained and very clean. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathroom is large and had plenty of towels and a nice shower.

What made me give this hotel the excellent rating, however, is the personnel working here. We checked in late last night and were treated very nicely by the lady on duty who could tell we were very tired from two days of moving. The general manager, Greg Voight, was also on duty last night and he did everything possible to be sure we were comfortable and taken care of so we could get some rest. They even handed us a bottle of water and some snacks for the evening as all the local restaurants were closed for the night.

This morning, the lady running the breakfast area was equally friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was very nicely presented and the area was scrupulously clean. The food was also tasty and hot things were nicely hot. Again, the manager was visible this morning. I suspect his on-hand style of leadership is what is making this hotel run so seamlessly.

We will definitely return to this hotel when visiting our son this summer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank satonthebeach
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel was nice and clean with a good breakfast in the morning. I didn't use the fitness center while I was there, but it looked good if you are looking for an aerobic workout.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel itself is very clean and beautiful, it was everything my family needed. There was a baseball tournament in town so it was sold out, yet my room was still very quiet all night. The only problem was during check-in. I wanted to pay in cash, and was willing to put my credit card down as well for my incidentals, but the manager checking me in told me she didn't want to have to deal with opening her cash drawer so I would have to pay with my card. I wasn't too thrilled with this. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mitchell2013
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was a well maintained property both inside in out. From the elevator inspection tag, it is a least three years old but was not showing much wear. We arrived early and they allowed us to check-in early (with a smile). Our room was spacious and well appointed. The breakfast was was right on par with Holiday Inn Express' "regular" continental breakfast. When I review, I always look for at least one area of improvement. One area of improvement would be spot cleaning hallway and stairwell carpeting as some stains were visible. Overall, however, it is tough to note any findings. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Priceline was the best value this time
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeramie
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed this past weekend for a trip to Holiday World. King suite was very nice, two big screen TV's clean, well kept. Staff was very friendly. About 25 minutes from Holiday World, but there really is very little closer. Hotel is newer, I believe built in 2006, so in pretty good shape. Lobby very clean. Had a nice pool and whirlpool although we didn't use either. Breakfast was above average for this type of hotel. Decent selection including yogurt which is always a plus. My only complaint would be the price which was $143 before taxes. This type of hotel typically does not demand such a price, but because of the dearth of other quality hotels, really a Hampton is the only other decent alternative, they are able to get these types of rates. We would definitely stay again, even though it is on the high side, and have no hesitancy in recommending this property to others.

Room Tip: Ask about AAA rates.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bluesmanw
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed here after visiting Holiday World. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Breakfast wasn't too bad, consisted of eggs(omelettes), bacon, yogurt, bananas, bagels, muffins and cinnamon rolls and a few other items. Scrambled eggs and sausage gravy and biscuits the next day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dt7411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
1.4 km away
35.7 km away
Best Western Plus French Lick
19.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper? Share your experiences!