“Beautiful B & B”

Market Street Inn
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Beautiful B & B”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We purchased a Groupon for an overnight stay at Market Street Inn and we were thrilled with the facility. We selected the bridal suite and absolutely loved the decor, size of the room and adjoining bath, and the entire house.

We found the innkeepers to be very personable and would rate this as our current top fav B&B (we have stayed in several). The neighborhood didn't look all that great as we drove through it, but the Inn is beautiful and is like a diamond in an otherwise boring area.

If I were to offer the owners any suggestions, it would simply be to continue to pay and improve upon "attention to detail." Little things really make a good place great. Get some softer pillows, use good brands of coffee creamers, etc., and use freshly squeezed OJ. It is amazing how attention to those small things can really make a lasting impression upon your guests.

Thanks to all the reviewers - I read them before purchasing the Groupon and, as always, it was helpful in my decision making. Do not hesitate to book your stay at this B&B - you will really enjoy it. And be sure to ask about the history of the house.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tallahassee
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Absolutely wonderful stay at the Market Street Inn. We stayed in the honeymoon suite- beautiful room, grand bathroom! Food fabulous!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 October 2011

What do you do when there is no room to be found in Louisville? You head to the Market St. Inn in Jeffersonville and pinch yourself for your good fortune and wonder why you wanted to be in Louisville in the first place. This is a hidden gem. It is elegant, beautiful, meticulously restored and maintained, clean, and has EVERYTHING that any hotel could offer and so much more. They are just 2 blocks from the river, an easy walk to river-front restaurants with to-die for views, and hospitable, gracious, and kind hosts. What's more - I needed to be Louisville ultra early in the morning. The Inn Keeper kindly gave me a ride. Unfortunately, I was given incorrect directions and this thoughtful man went out of his way, without complaint, to 3 different locations until I was safely at my destination. What hotel would EVER do that??? These Inn Keepers are not your run-of-the-mill hosts. They are exceptional in all regards. If I am ever in the Louisville area again - THIS is where I will head first. I hope I can head back soon! This is a haven and not to be missed ... get thee to the Market St. Inn in Jeffersonville! You will not be sorry.

Room Tip: All the rooms are newly renovated and refurbished - they are all beautiful, spacious and inviting.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We spent one night at this B&B. The room was very comfortable and clean. We really liked that we could have breakfast on our schedule. The innkeepers were very friendly. I am sorry to say, however, that we couldn't figure out how to make the shower come on in our room. Unfortunately, you don't realize something like that until you are standing there, naked, fiddling with the knobs. Not the time to request assistance! Apart from that, a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus,OH
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Four girlfriends who wanted to play golf in the Louisville, KY area stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed the restored house and all its charm. Carol & Steve, the innkeepers, have lovingly restored this house from a burned out shell and it's a treat to see. And they provide wonderful and varied breakfast repasts that will delight even the heartiest eater at whatever morning hour is convenient for the day's schedule. Beds & baths were modern and comfortable and the in-room fireplaces (electric) took the fall chill off very nicely. Very convenient location to many good restaurants overlooking the Ohio River's Louisville skyline. Lots of historic places of interest on both sides of the river to spend your free time. Don't miss the Falls of the Ohio which is a unique natural site less than 2 miles from the B&B.

Room Tip: 2A & B can connect -- nice for a small group.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I wanted a birthday surprise for my husband near to home, but not right in our own backyard. I chose to cross the river and investigate Jeffersonville, IN. I couldn't have chosen better. After an afternoon at the very interesting Howard Steamboat Museum and Mansion, we checked into Market Street and enjoyed a bottle of wine and snacks on the 3rd floor deck with 4 invited friends. Then on to The Cast Iron Steakhouse where we enjoyed the best food and excellent service. Returning to Louisville, our friends raved. Returning to the Market Street Inn, my husband and I indulged ourselves in the River Breeze Suite, enjoying the amenities of a victorian Inn. The bed was wonderful; and the jacuzzi, superb. Breakfast the next morning was scrumptious, and the owners contributed to stimulating conversation. They are true hosts!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I stopped here for an overnight stay on our way to Nasville. The Innkeepers are very friendly and the breakfast is delicious! There is a nice rooftop terrace although the view isn't that great. I would stay here again and I recommend Rocky's Italian Grill for dinner if you're in the area. It's within walking distance from MSI.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Central Business District
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#10 of 97 in Louisville

Been to Market Street Inn? Share your experiences!