“Relaxing, delightful escape from reality!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market Street Inn

Market Street Inn
Indianapolis
“Relaxing, delightful escape from reality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Wonderfule stay! It is so charming! Awesome Inn keepers/owners! We were here for our 6th anniversary. We stayed in the Bridal Suite. Nice HUGE king bed, decor was awesome and inviting! Attached to the bedroom was a bathroom the same size with his and her sinks, a huge jacuzzi tub for two, faux fireplace that added the already great atmosphere. Tall ceilings, white tall shutters for privacy that can be swung open if you would like to let more light in! This building is so charming. The porch is so inviting, had we had one more day we woud have just sat there reading, but there was so much to do in such a short amount of time. The decorations are perfectly placed, which was done by Carol herself, no design team here!

We loved staying here and hated to leave it felt like home. The food that Carol made was scrumptious! First morning was an egg casserole with hasbrowns and cheese in it, pefect crisp bacon, scones, fresh fruit, a variety of juices including tomato my fav!, lemon brunch cake (mouth watering), and waffles! The second morning was a oven puffed pancake with strawberries and creme, also served with pefect crisp bacon! They leave snacks out in their eating area through out the night incase you need just a little something. There are bottled waters in refrigerators located in the hallways.

The gentleman owner was a great conversationalist, I loved chatting with them! They are source of information on what to do around town and in Louisville! The Market Street Inn had gone through a fire years ago and then sat empty until the owner brought this place to life. Awesome work and attention to detail when reviving this place. The Market Street Inn is just one block over from the Ohio river and a few blocks down from some great places to eat!

LOVED THIS PLACE!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was our first B&B and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel quality this Inn provided! We stayed in the Bridal Suite and loved the two fireplaces and hot tub. The entire place is decorated beautifully and the couple that runs it is so sweet! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We came to explore Louisville and surrounding area and couldn't have picked a better place. A charming recently renovated Inn with two delightful warm hosts who always made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Breakfast wasn't fancy but the pancakes and French toast was delicious with plenty of fruit and fresh baked cakes. Great location for nearby attractions.

• Stayed March 2012
Washington,DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Though I had read of the positive experiences that others have reported on here I was simply not prepared for the overwhelming friendliness, helpfulness and comfort of the Market Street Inn. I rarely right such reviews but I wanted to since this place is so outstanding.

I am very sensitive to noise and crave great sleep which even eludes me at home.

This place is located a few mere blocks from a major highway and I thought, Oh, no. This can't be good.

I couldn't hear anything from the highway. My room, which actually faced in that direction, was so quiet I couldn't believe it.

The bed was great and I slept like a baby.

The meals in the morning are restaurant quality and include lots of home-made additions.

The place attracts very interesting people and I actually hooked up with someone whom I hope to hang out with later on. This has never happened before.

The experience began with Steve, the husband, picking me up at the Louisville airport. Everyday he took me to my venue in the AM and picked me up in the evening to take me home. Total cost per day? $12!!

I cannot say enough good about this place.

If you go to Louisville and don't stay here you have no one but yourself to blame.

Room Tip: Talk to the owners. They are super helpful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Enfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

What a great place to stay! Very accomodating in every way, very comfortable beds, much cleaner than a hotel and wonderful breakfast! Wifi is reliable and I can't think of anything about my stay that I would change! I stay there as often as I can.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alisa S
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed here last year, I am just late on reviewing.
We stayed in room on top floor, it was perfect - private and huge. The pictures on the website did not do it justice. The bathroom was nicer than expected, actually probably the nicest I'd stayed at, and there were no pictures of it on the website at the time. Whirlpool for 2, shower, bidet, huge double console sink.
The room also had a counter w/ sink which the inn provided wine glasses and coffee maker. There was a small guest frig in the hallway.
The service of the innkeepers was very hospitable but casual.
I would stay here again, it was convenient to get into Louisville and also we enjoyed going to Bass Pro and other places on the sunny side of Louisville.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for the night and we found discounted rates for the Market Street Inn. Since all the rooms were $99 for the month of January we chose the Bridal Suite. The room was beautifully decorated and very accommodating with a couch, desk, TV/DVD, and wet bar. The King size bed was also very comfortable. The bathroom was luxurious with a double Jacuzzi, shower, and his/her sinks. The hidden TV was also a neat touch! The innkeepers were very pleasant and hospitable, serving us breakfast at the time of our choice. A nice convenience to guests who want to sleep in! We were surprised to find delicious treats free for eating in the dining room and a variety of teas to choose from at our disposal. Carol's beautiful decor and wonderful meal made our breakfast experience comfortable and nostalgic.

Suggestions: Details can make a good stay GREAT! Perhaps switch out the pillows for softer ones. Maybe offer a salon brand of complimentary products in the bathrooms? My husband mentioned having Keurig coffee makers in the bedrooms. We noticed the mediocre coffee pot to be dirty with a little mold in it.

Overall, we were delighted to find such a wonderful place to spend a night out! We will definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Central Business District
21c Museum Hotel Louisville
#5 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown

Been to Market Street Inn? Share your experiences!