“Great bed and breakfast!”
Review of Market Street Inn

Market Street Inn
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great bed and breakfast!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Great bed and breakfast. Very friendly staff and great room! We stayed in the bridal suite and it was very clean and beautiful. There are plenty of things to do around the town. We walked to a couple of restaurants along the river and also watched a couple of softball games right behind the Market Street Inn. Very beautiful and friendly town. I would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ohio
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is a great place to spend a night or two. Very friendly owners who cook the fantastic breakfast to your liking. Although it was nothing fancy for my wife.
If you don't like steps, do not take the 3rd floor bedroom (Renaissance Room), there are no elevators.
We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay.

Room Tip: My favorite room would be the River Breeze.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Wonderfule stay! It is so charming! Awesome Inn keepers/owners! We were here for our 6th anniversary. We stayed in the Bridal Suite. Nice HUGE king bed, decor was awesome and inviting! Attached to the bedroom was a bathroom the same size with his and her sinks, a huge jacuzzi tub for two, faux fireplace that added the already great atmosphere. Tall ceilings, white tall shutters for privacy that can be swung open if you would like to let more light in! This building is so charming. The porch is so inviting, had we had one more day we woud have just sat there reading, but there was so much to do in such a short amount of time. The decorations are perfectly placed, which was done by Carol herself, no design team here!

We loved staying here and hated to leave it felt like home. The food that Carol made was scrumptious! First morning was an egg casserole with hasbrowns and cheese in it, pefect crisp bacon, scones, fresh fruit, a variety of juices including tomato my fav!, lemon brunch cake (mouth watering), and waffles! The second morning was a oven puffed pancake with strawberries and creme, also served with pefect crisp bacon! They leave snacks out in their eating area through out the night incase you need just a little something. There are bottled waters in refrigerators located in the hallways.

The gentleman owner was a great conversationalist, I loved chatting with them! They are source of information on what to do around town and in Louisville! The Market Street Inn had gone through a fire years ago and then sat empty until the owner brought this place to life. Awesome work and attention to detail when reviving this place. The Market Street Inn is just one block over from the Ohio river and a few blocks down from some great places to eat!

LOVED THIS PLACE!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!

Cincinnati
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was our first B&B and we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel quality this Inn provided! We stayed in the Bridal Suite and loved the two fireplaces and hot tub. The entire place is decorated beautifully and the couple that runs it is so sweet! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We came to explore Louisville and surrounding area and couldn't have picked a better place. A charming recently renovated Inn with two delightful warm hosts who always made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Breakfast wasn't fancy but the pancakes and French toast was delicious with plenty of fruit and fresh baked cakes. Great location for nearby attractions.

• Stayed March 2012
Washington,DC
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Though I had read of the positive experiences that others have reported on here I was simply not prepared for the overwhelming friendliness, helpfulness and comfort of the Market Street Inn. I rarely right such reviews but I wanted to since this place is so outstanding.

I am very sensitive to noise and crave great sleep which even eludes me at home.

This place is located a few mere blocks from a major highway and I thought, Oh, no. This can't be good.

I couldn't hear anything from the highway. My room, which actually faced in that direction, was so quiet I couldn't believe it.

The bed was great and I slept like a baby.

The meals in the morning are restaurant quality and include lots of home-made additions.

The place attracts very interesting people and I actually hooked up with someone whom I hope to hang out with later on. This has never happened before.

The experience began with Steve, the husband, picking me up at the Louisville airport. Everyday he took me to my venue in the AM and picked me up in the evening to take me home. Total cost per day? $12!!

I cannot say enough good about this place.

If you go to Louisville and don't stay here you have no one but yourself to blame.

Room Tip: Talk to the owners. They are super helpful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Enfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2012

What a great place to stay! Very accomodating in every way, very comfortable beds, much cleaner than a hotel and wonderful breakfast! Wifi is reliable and I can't think of anything about my stay that I would change! I stay there as often as I can.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alisa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Central Business District
The Brown Hotel
The Brown Hotel
#2 of 95 in Louisville
Galt House Hotel
#28 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Market Street Inn? Share your experiences!