“need a new cook and lower prices”

Sporty'z Grill and Bar
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Knox
Reviewed January 13, 2016

I have been there twice and feel the food was not something to write home about and the price was a little too hight for what you got.

Reviewed October 28, 2015

We've been here 3 times and we will not return.

The food is average. We've tried pizza, steak, and sandwiches. The pizza is edible but rather doughy and not cooked uniformly. Then again, I love very thin crust pizzas, so that might not be there thing here. The steak was cooked as I had ordered but was a lower quality cut of meat and not very tasty. The sandwiches are the best thing we tried here. Specifically the hamburgers were good. The salad bar is not very good. I'm not sure the salad bar is kept cold enough and how long the food is kept out. But I must say, they had 2 soups available on the salad bar and the french onion soup was outstanding.

It's decorated very nicely and is extremely clean. There are interesting objects in both the dining and bar areas.

One thing that stood out though was that the service staff seems to be unhappy or perhaps very tense. We did receive good and prompt service and I can't put my finger on what the problem is, but my hubby commented that it seemed as though the servers don't want to be there and certainly don't enjoy their job at all. That was my impression as well. That environment made us a little uncomfortable and certainly detracted from the experience.

1  Thank Terri L
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

I stopped in for a sandwich and got a wrap. They are huge and full of meat not just lettuce. There was no problem changing a few ingredients on the wrap. I was by myself and sat at the bar. I wasn't the only one eating at the bar.

Reviewed April 28, 2015

Second time eating here and the LAST time! The smell is awful right when you walk through the door. It bothered me and my guest the entire time there which was roughly 45 minutes. Food was ok and service is confusing since they have bartenders acting as servers too. Not a good environment to eat in that's for sure

Reviewed April 21, 2015

Every time I go, I try to get something different. Haven't had anything bad. The prime rib specials were the best!

1  Thank dltbrowning

Been to Sporty'z Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!