“Not what it use to be”

Sporty'z Grill and Bar
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Knox
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Stopped in here a couple of weeks ago while out on a bike ride for dinner. Service was way below acceptable and the place was only maybe 1/4 full. Took a very long time to get drinks and waited on. We actually went and got our own drink refills. Never received the appetizer we ordered but it wasn't on the bill either. Food was satisfactory, nothing special but adequate. Food was delivered fairly quickly once our order was finally taken. We'll go back but not out of our way to eat here.

Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

We used to come here almost every Friday night... last summer we came less often as food taste started to decline. They are a little pricey but it's so close to home I'm ok with it verses driving an hour from home. The food seems to have went to in quality. I could always leave so stuffed I was almost sick. Now it's good but they leave room for improvement. Now I've had their crunchy chicken bites salad they best never eat it all always take some home. Other members of my family get the hot sandwiches like subs, those are the best and we'll worth the money but then things like 14.00 for a piece of BBQ ranch chicken which the dog ended up eating cause my son said there was to much ranch on the two tiny pieces of chicken and made it soggy. Somethings are way over priced some things aren't just depends... Their fish and smelt are great. We will return as its close to home and after a hot summer day a cold beer really hits the spot, but I no longer recommend this place to anyone and I used to tell everyone about it.

Reviewed January 13, 2016

I have been there twice and feel the food was not something to write home about and the price was a little too hight for what you got.

Reviewed October 28, 2015

We've been here 3 times and we will not return.

The food is average. We've tried pizza, steak, and sandwiches. The pizza is edible but rather doughy and not cooked uniformly. Then again, I love very thin crust pizzas, so that might not be there thing here. The steak was cooked as I had ordered but was a lower quality cut of meat and not very tasty. The sandwiches are the best thing we tried here. Specifically the hamburgers were good. The salad bar is not very good. I'm not sure the salad bar is kept cold enough and how long the food is kept out. But I must say, they had 2 soups available on the salad bar and the french onion soup was outstanding.

It's decorated very nicely and is extremely clean. There are interesting objects in both the dining and bar areas.

One thing that stood out though was that the service staff seems to be unhappy or perhaps very tense. We did receive good and prompt service and I can't put my finger on what the problem is, but my hubby commented that it seemed as though the servers don't want to be there and certainly don't enjoy their job at all. That was my impression as well. That environment made us a little uncomfortable and certainly detracted from the experience.

1  Thank Terri L
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

I stopped in for a sandwich and got a wrap. They are huge and full of meat not just lettuce. There was no problem changing a few ingredients on the wrap. I was by myself and sat at the bar. I wasn't the only one eating at the bar.

Been to Sporty'z Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!