“Nice Italian Place”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 252 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd and Main
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Chefs owned restaurant, the food was delicious, very good service and a very nice place to have dinner. It has a very pretty terrace, ask to be seated there if the weather permits. The price range was very good as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Salad was fresh. I had ravioli bolognese. Incredible! Nice take home container as I couldn't eat it all and it was too good not to!!! Shared a tiramisu. Delicious! Our favorite restaurant of the entire vacation! Hope to go there again!

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We were visiting West Lafayette, IN to attend a concert and we were looking for a good Italian restaurant and definitely found a gem. If it wasn't so far away we would definitely make a point to return so if we are ever in the area again we'd definitely go back.

My husband and I had thought about sharing an entree but decided to each get our own. There were so many good choices it was difficult to decide. If you like spicy I highly recommend the cajun pasta. The portions were generous yet not so overwhelming that we couldn't finish all or most of it. They use fresh local ingredients which is a plus. The salad that came with the entree was fresh and the dressings hand made.

They had a nice selection of wines and we enjoyed a very nice Italian red wine. Their homemade dessert sounded wonderful however we didn't have room or the time to linger.

Another added pus was that they had an outdoor seating area and since the weather was nice we took advantage of it and enjoyed the beautiful evening.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Let me start by saying I love to be outside, so the patio is just the place for me. We go in, ask to be seated in the patio section and the host said "your waiter will not enjoy this". I was really surprised at this statement.
We were seated and watched three young female waiters(None of them acknowledged us) float around watering flowers and chatting. When our male waiter finally comes to us he brings us two empty saucers and says "Ill be right back" 10 min later he comes with water only...no bread or olive oil to dip. I say "No bread and oil?" only to hear "oh ya....ill be back" another 10 nin wait for it to come." Would you like drinks?".......I hope to shout! I ordered a red headed Martini, it wasn't bad so I ordered another...It did not even look the same! And tasted awful. we did finally order, and the food was as always EXCELLENT. The tomato basil soup ,is wonderful... but as it is the house soup should you have to pay more for the house soup??? Never heard of up-pricing the house soup! It offends me to have to pay more for it! If we come back it will be for carryOUT! I will not put up with the great lack of service from this restaurant . It is one of my go to special occasion destinations. Not after tonight! Service should be made to match the wonderful food. I am so sorry to have to submit this review, but it is the truth.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The best tomato basil soup I have ever had. I liked the atmosphere a lot and the price was reasonable. My pasta was just okay but everything else was excellent. I had the cannoli with raspberry and chocolate sauce for desert, yum. I hope to be in the area again so I can have more soup!