“Closed on Monday's :(”

Tokyo One Sushi Buffet
Ranked #31 of 239 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Was so excited to eat here after reading the reviews. Drove 1.5 hours and when we got there, sign on the door said closed Mondays. So disappointed! Wish people would keep up with their websites.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I don't have a lot of experience at sushi restaurants, but love to eat sushi and what could be better than a sushi buffet! I was visiting from out-of-town when I found this place for lunch. If I lived closer, I definitely would visit often. They had a lot of different sushi to choose from, both with and without fish. Some of them were labeled, but not all, so I just chose a variety. They were all very tasty. They also had other typical chinese restaurant foods on the buffet. My favorite was sweet shrimp. There was also a hibachi grill area which I didn't try out. The wait staff was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Laurel V
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I have visited this place a number of times since the restaurant opened months ago. It used to be packed most of the time during the first month or so because they had a half price special during grand opening. During that time, the quality of everything was excellent. Everything from hibachi to skewered meat to sashimi to sushi to side dishes, they were all excellent. The service was also quite good. After the special promotion was ended, the quality was still very good. However, in the most recent visit, I noticed that the sashimi pieces had become very small, about a third of what it was before. I also had to wait for quite a long time to get a piece of those because they only put out a few pieces at a time. The restaurant was more than half occupied at the time, it was simply demand not met by supply. Other than this, everything else was still very good. I still recommend this place if you like sushi and/or hibachi.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a great surprise as we were traveling down the interstate. It has a fantastic sushi buffet, with a very broad range of high-quality fresh and cooked items. In addition, hibachi is prepared for you according to your instructions. The restaurant is very comfortable and the service is excellent. It is clear that the staff cares about providing a wonderful dining experience for the guest.

1  Thank DZ7
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend has worked at Lafayette as a travel nurse since February, but he did not dine at any sit-down restaurant except for fast food. Therefore, when I visited him for the first time at Lafayette, I took him out and chose this restaurant.

It was pretty packed with people when we arrived (8:40 pm). The choices of sushi were OK, but quite Americanized and limited. Rice of sushi was on the harder side for me and its fish/rice ratio was not optimal (too much rice). Their sushi chefs are Chinese, so that might explain partially why their sushi was not excellent.

My boyfriend tried their hibachi food, but we both disliked it due to its lack of flavor and greasy taste. Their hot food options were better, except for the fried rice. The dessert choices were limited: canned peach, canned pineapples, cantaloupe, orange & strange kind of cake. Their service was attentive, but they began not to put up more sushi for some raw items after 9 pm (closing time was 10 on Friday). Based on what they offer, $16 is a little bit higher price than what I would pay.

If you care more about quantity than quality or choice, and you live nearby, this place would be the best place for sushi, I presume. Will we go back there again? Probably not.