“Wonderful Wine Tasting at Bistro 501”
Review of Bistro 501

Bistro 501
Ranked #6 of 252 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistro 501 is the premier dining experience in downtown Lafayette. From foodie to formal, we have a beautifully crafted menu and expertly curated cocktails and wine. Our menu features a range of dishes from more adventurous escargot and roasted marrow bones to the classic filet, fresh seafood and roasted chicken. Lunch is a must try with a full selection of handcrafted sandwiches, salads and entrées. Check our social media for nightly and weekly features, see you soon!
Reviewed September 20, 2017

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Spanish WIne Tasting Event at Bistro 501 last Sunday, September 17. The wines offered were very interesting. The food (tapas) was extraordinary. Chef Cheyenne presented a delicious offering of many traditional Spanish tapas. The service was great.

2  Thank Christie S
Theresa B, Owner at Bistro 501, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Christie,
Thank you for being such valued guests of ours. We love having you and Don as continued wine club members. It was such a pleasure having true 'Hispano-philes' at our table for this event. See you soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Many people like this restaurant but every time I go, I leave disappointed. My friend and I shared a shrimp, lobster linguini dish and I had a Caesar salad. Both were disappointing. The linguini with some peas was enough for at least 3 servings and the flavor was rather bland. There were 3 shrimp and very small limited bites of lobster. It was the same price as a filet entree--$32--way overpriced for the amount of seafood that was served. The Caesar salad had too much dressing as it made the lettuce limp. It, too, was pricey at $13. Those who ordered the Gazpacho soup liked it. I have had the filet in the past and it has been good as well as the hamburger which is somewhat pricey at $18. If I ever return, I would probably order the filet or lamb.

Kristin,
Thank you for giving us multiple opportunities to impress you. I am glad to hear that you have been happy in the past with the Lamb, Filet or our Burger (all wonderful choices). We are also very grateful for the chance to improve and retrain the pasta dish that disappointed you and your friend. We do admit this dish is pricey, but our prices reflect the cost of our ingredients and with a half lobster (it sounds like this wasn't portioned properly), imported saffron and fresh shrimp we unfortunately cannot amend that detail. However, we are constantly using our guests' feedback to adjust. The chef has delivered your comments to the cooks that are responsible for this dish, and you will be happy to know, your comments are in line with how the dish should have been delivered. That being said, our management team (which consists of my mother and I) pride ourselves on being proactive when there is a disappointing experience. If you are ever dissatisfied with any aspect of your visit- from ambiance, to service, to presentation or taste of a dish; please ask for one of us by name: Theresa or Mary, and allow us to assist in a remedy. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome and an impressive service the next time you are in. Thank you again,

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Definitely the best restaurant in the Lafayette area. Food and drinks are always fantastic. Staff is attentive, portion sizes are just right, quality of ingredients is superb, and prices are fair for the quality. I try to make a stop here for dinner every time I'm in town.

1  Thank Matthew L

What an honor! Thank you for credit and for appreciating all of the hard work our staff does to provide you with great experiences when you visit. We will be thrilled to see you upon your next visit and thank you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Wanted to explore Lafayette a little, and came across this great restaurant. It was a nice change as we hadn't been able to find a fancy restaurant in West Lafayette. Great food and friendly staff.

2  Thank hifziardic

Thank you for your lovely review! We are so thrilled to have impressed you and look forward to the opportunity to do it again. After 17 years, we at Bistro 501 strive to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for folks exploring our wonderful city. Thank you again for making us a part of your adventure!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We have gone here for years and LOVE the new owners! Food quality continues to only get better with lots of variety.
Sunday Brunch is one of our favorites!

1  Thank abpruett

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
― Lao Tzu

To many more years of a wonderful relationship, thank you for a terrific review!