“Great, quiet evening meal with hubby...”

Grindstone Charley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Grindstone Charley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 252 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Started by Indiana Restaurateur Perry Fogelsong in 1982, Grindstone Charley's is currently a four unit chain with locations in Indianapolis, Speedway, Kokomo, and Lafayette. Today, customers in Indiana and Ohio enjoy home-style cooking, spirited drinks and warm hospitality. As part of the Clancy's, Inc. Family of stores, Grindstone Charley's joins Michelangelo's Italian Bistro and Clancy's Hamburgers in offering quality food, drinks and fun perfectly suited to Midwestern appetites.
Reviewed September 16, 2017

This restaurant is a hidden gem! Can eat in the bar area for quiet or there is room for families and a special room for groups. My husband swears the prime rib is the best he has had (and he has had a lot); the salmon is great as are the ribs! Love this place and eat here often.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I was really impressed with my lunch and how friendly the wait staff was. We sat in the bar area and our waitress greeted many of the patrons by name. The food was amazing! I had a tenderloin with sweet potato fries and my guest had a sirloin with vegetables. The menu offers something for everyone

Reviewed November 30, 2016

We stayed in Lafayette for about 5 days and this way by far everyone's favorite restaurant. All the food in Lafayette was great, but this was above par. Plus, the servers were very friendly. They had a very nice seasonal menu in addition to the regular menu with a wide selection of options. We ordered dessert first while we waited for the rest of our group to arrive - BEST DECISION. The pumpkin maple cheesecake was unquestionably the most delicious dessert I have ever put in my mouth. I ordered what I thought would be just a basic chicken sandwich but was shocked to receive this perfectly crusted chicken filet overflowing off the bun. My friends laughed at me when I told him the chicken was amazing - it's just chicken, right? No. I passed bites around the table and then everyone understood. This is not just chicken. Perfectly seasoned, perfectly moist - I really don't have words to describe how great this meal was. The only thing I did not like was the pumpkin martini... but I'm not sure why I even thought that sounded good at the time. I will go back here every time I visit Lafayette.

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

My family and friends had dinner here tonight before going to see a movie. The wait staff is friendly, the kept the table clear of dirty dishes and kept my drink refilled. The appetizers and sandwiches were very tasty. Fun place to go with a big group.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Stopped in with my wife. She had a salad and I had the honey butter chicken sandwich with a side of potato soup. I really liked the coating on the chicken and the sauce they put on it gave it a sweet taste. The soup was very thick and had a good supply of toppings.