“Terrible - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
North Liberty, Iowa
“Terrible - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I travel alot for work and stay at a lot of Quality Inns all over the midwest. I booked this room for my family because I had enough points to stay for free. This motel is filthy and run down. Our toilet broke, the breakfast was terrible, and they were out of most items. I tried to call for a wake up call twice and had to wait 10-15 minutes just to reach the front desk. The pool is big but there were people smoking all around the pool. There were even people drinking beer in the pool and this was in the afternoon. Not a good family atmosphere to say the least.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed for a baseball tournament that our son was in. Please keep in mind the hotel is under new management. And yes, the hotel is old and run downed. But I have to say the staff was very friendly they went out of their way to help with any request we had. We really appreciated the hotel doing this for their guest, the pool had algae and had to have it drained. They couldve told us the pool is out and sorry but it will not be in operation,instead they drained the pool and spent $3000 to re-fill it up since the hotel was full, and there were so many children there and plus it was really hot outside! The breakfast wasnt to bad at least there was sausage and eggs,toast, bagels,cereal,yogurt,fruit, juices. When the yogurt was out, the man was so kind to get us more! Also, we appreciated they put congratulations to our team for winning on there board at the front desk! They had a big cooler filled with ice cold water for their guest! The rooms were cleaned. Mic/refrig/ a safe. I was very concerned since the other review mentioned bed bugs, but there were none in our room! Also, we were appreciated that they let us have a late check without charging extra! Thank you for a pleasant stay and going way beyond what was called! That is why I am giving this hotel a Very good stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was in a room on the 2nd floor, and woke early (before 6am) on June 25 with a crawling feeling on my arm. Turned on the light and saw black spots on my pillow, and then an adult bed bug. Closer viewing showed another couple adults and numerous nymphs (about the appearance and size of sesame seeds) and more blood spots on the sheets.

The front clerk and manager were apologetic, sympathetic, and I think a good bit repulsed. I was told that this was the first report that they had had, and I believe (and hope) that's true. I asked for and received a refund on my stay. There is a walmart near by where I bought a change of clothes, and I used my GPS to find a very nice laundromat in West Lafayette. I came back after the laundromat to get a hard copy of my refund, and was told that the manager was up inspecting rooms, so I expect that they will be getting the exterminators in, but I don't suggest staying there any time soon.

I'm not giving them a "terrible" rating because I liked the staff, and I know that they did not get bed bugs on purpose. These things happen, and I've now learned to search before moving in.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Banjoist76

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed here twice now. Changed rooms both times because of issues: frayed electric cord, exposing wire. Room so bright from outside light at night you can read. Air-conditioning unit jack hammering so loud no one could sleep. Other lesser issues: bed broken down, Showerheads not functioning properly, 3 out of 4 rooms had an odd, musty odor that did not go away, something Always Missing at breakfast buffet ( butter, syrup, etc), buffet sort of sparse.

• Stayed June 2011
hollywood
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I am writing to let you know that Tim Mayflower was on duty when we arrived at The Quality Inn in Lafayette. His warm personality and efficient service seem to indicate that we were going to have a nice stay. Tim called us in our room to check on us and to make sure that we were satisfied. Hopefully all of your employees are as personable as Tim Mayflower (LA #136).

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I was driving down to school from Chicago and hit some black ice. My car ended up in a ditch and had to be towed. A good Samaritan picked me up and dropped me off nearby at this hotel for the night. As I only had liability insurance and needed a cheap and honest auto repair place, I was up a creek since I didn't know the area. I explained my situation to the front desk attendant, Sam, and he was more than helpful. He called a place he had used in the past and the mechanic came over and picked me up personally. He also let me stay well past the checkout time as I was getting my car from the tow lot, dropping it off at the auto shop and picking up a rental car. In addition, I had spent the morning making phone calls and trying to work out how to get to school and file police and insurance reports and as a result missed the free breakfast by the time I went downstairs to talk to Sam. He was kind enough to have someone take me into the kitchen and actually put together a breakfast for me. I understand that this isn't the newest or highest starred hotel, but the staff are exceptional, I would definitely recommend the hotel on that alone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jph8881
Lafayette
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Booked a Hot Tub room here for new years eve. The only reason for booking the room was for the "Hot Tub", I couldve sat around home to watch tv. Long story short, upon filling up the hot tub, lighting a candle to kill the cigarette smell in this non smoking room, and getting a drink to start the young evening off, the "Hot Tub" DID NOT work! Mgt would have to call someone in off site to look at it, so we had to wait around a hour for that, quite the "buzzkill" if you get my drift. Maint. showed up, pushed the button and said its "broke" . All this prior to 6PM, in which we couldve cancelled this room at no charge. When we tried to leave, they would only give 50% refund, and general manager was less than cordial on the telephone. I filed a complaint with choice hotels, and they gave me 3000 points on my privilege card. Avoid this place, the plaster was falling down in the bathroom as well, and this place looks and feels, and smells OLD

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple