“nice hotel with a nice view”

Comfort Inn La Porte
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Newer hotel with nice rooms and a view of Pine Lake out some of the windows! Great breakfast with lots of hot foods. Very courteous staff that know how to make you feel welcome!

After a very hard day, this hotel was a relaxing change.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 11 October 2010

My wife and I stayed here on October 3, 2010 and checked in with Terri that evening. We were a little reluctant, due to some bad reviews, but were pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel and staff were. Terri made us feel right at home, and the room was exceptionally nice and clean. Breakfast the next morning was also excellent, with a wide choice of items and juice. The dining area was nicely decorated with an attractive nautical theme, which we enjoyed seeing. We checked out with April at the front desk, and she was also super-nice, We were on a 2-week vacation to Michigan, and will stay here again on our return trip. It was one of the best Holiday Inns that we have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Was in area for reunion. Receptionist was rude; check in took 40 minutes and ran after 3 pm guarantee. No priority gifts or perks offered. Took four tries to have key card work and the elevator was always wet with water from the swimming pool. The rooms were non-smoking but the smoke was thick on the second and third floors. Wireless was intermittent and fussy. Food was not spectacular and more cereals would have been nice.
I stayed here because of priority rewards and got zip. Housekeeping must have gone on break while cleaning my room the first night as the pillows were still on a chair and no replacement towels, soaps, wastebasket emptying, etc. Hotel is in convenient location but the entrance/exit is impossible. Stay away until they improve the staff. I'm easy going and this place put me on edge. Quite a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank losttherace
Reviewed 13 July 2010

All hotels were booked in the area due to a tractor show. Coming from the South I called to confirm my reservation only a day early and hope to see if they could accomodate us. Speaking with April she managed to get us a room for Friday also as we only had reservations for Saturday. Due to the cancellation we had a sign of relief knowing we would arrive in LaPorte Friday and have a place to stay. Not only did we get an upgrade from smoking to non-smoking, they went out of their way to accomodate us. Also, Patrick put us in the non-smoking room. It was a great stay as I was orginally from the LaPorte area and I got to enjoy our Family Reunion. Thank you so much Holiday Inn Express in LaPorte. It was a priviledge to know that you cared.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We only spent one night here, so perhaps my review is unfair, but this Holiday Inn was a disappointment.

We had just spent a week at Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin and it was perfect. Couldn't think of a thing to improve on. I expected this hotel to be just as good. It wasn't.

There wasn't any glaring deficiencies, but overall it didn't impress. Room was dark - it needs to remove the drapes and have vertical blinds so it brightens the room a little. The bathroom floor was ugly with dark molding that looked dirty, and the tub needs to be reglazed and grouted. And the bathroom fan runs whenver the light is turned on, and that is really annoying! NOTE to mgmt - change that.

I love Holiday Inn breakfast, but this one was disorganized. Ran out of sausage before we got there, didn't have French toast or waffles, orange juice was just diluted water, ran out of paper plates, etc. They did restock everything, so it turned out OK. But if we were there on a tight schedule I would have been irritated to waste my time whle waiting. And we asked about the French toast, and she said they didn't use enough of it so she stopped having it on the breakfast bar. What? I thought they had to comply with Holiday Inn standards and advertising.

The town of LaPorte is very small and we wanted a nice dinner. We went to the only nice restaurant we could find - ENZO - and was terribly disappointed. Slightly expensive, and food and selection was fair. Bread was delicous. Meal only came with bread and mashed potatoes. No salad or soup. Service was very slow.

Overall - yes I would stay here again because they aren't a lot of choices around there. But only if I could use the Room Saver coupon of $65. No way would I spend $109. I would rather drive a little farther. And for eating dinner, I would go to one of the fast food restaurants (there were many), not Enzos.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbaradixon
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Don’t ever have a children’s’ birthday party at Holiday Inn Express on Pine Lake Ave in Laporte, IN! They will lie and misrepresent themselves and then charge you for the things they previously agreed to! I specifically asked about certain things and they said “No problem” but then charged me after I left the establishment, even though I double checked prior to leaving the building from my event! One person will tell you one thing and the other will say “Oh well”. They will breech their own contract and will tell you you are responsible for the things that weren’t even there in the first place (enough chairs, garbage bags, etc). They will make up the conditions after the fact as they see fit and then will tell you it’s your problem. They will charge you bogus and unsubstantiated fees, without proof to the guest, and exaggerate the problems, again after already leaving and without prior approval. Don’t give them your service or you will be sorry! One last thing, this review would have been in all CAPS but “they” wouldn’t allow me to express my “YELLING”! Another way to rip you off!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jaggedeyesblue
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Not only did they steal my iPod, they refused to respond. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn Express run by this scumbag owner (Focus Hospitality Services LLC).

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Josh L
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
4 km away
13.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
13.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Comfort Inn La Porte? Share your experiences!