See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2018

The sheets looked and felt dirty…There was a very large blood or something brown stain on the side of the sheets on one bed. We arrived dead tired at almost 11pm and had to get up early the next morning so we just threw the worst of the sheets on the floor and tried to use the best of what was left to sleep with. The pool was closed and the sign letting us know that was laminated so I am sure this wasn't a new issue. One of the reasons we chose this place was for the pool. Got there later than we wanted so we could not have used it anyway. The sink backed up bad and was dirty. Ice machine in hall was disassembled with lots of exposed wires sticking out of it. There was furniture in the halls with for sale signs on them. Only time I saw another human was when we checked in. Breakfast consisted of some gravy in a small slow cooker (looked left over from previous days) Eggos left out on the counter for you to stick in toaster (pretty sure they should stay frozen until used) the apple and orange juice machine only dispensed water…no eggs or breakfast meats….The bottom of the shower curtain had been trimmed off so much it would not stay inside the tub while showering it was so short leaving the floor wet. I will avoid this hotel at all costs in the future...

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2018

The room was nice and clean , however the hand towels wash clothes and bath Matt needed to be replaced. I took my hand towels an wash clothes to the head housekeeper to get them exchanged and what she came back with was not much better. Daniel who checked us out early morning was great really on his game.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Cynbroom
Reviewed February 25, 2018

I have to say the people there were so polite. There were only a few incidents that made it unpleasant. The breakfast was alright. It offered choices but not many, but then the hotel had very few guest. You could tell the gravy was not homemade, and the waffles were out of the box but then a gift of a free breakfast should not be frowned upon. I was surprised when I checked in and went into the room, it had two cigarette burns on the comforter, and it looked like someone had smeared ashes and suet all over it, so they changed it for me. The other one also had a cigarette burn in it. But it was a smoke free hotel. I met a woman at the door who asked me for a cigarette as I was leaving to go out in the morning, and that night I had a very unrestful sleep. All and all it was alright. The toilet flushed slow, etc.. I had stayed at a Holiday Inn express in the same city before and the accommodations were impeccable, so I was expecting more. But to say the least, it is time for final four and March is always a busy time, as is all basketball seasons for Martinsville Hotels. And the key had to be swiped almost every time I exited the hotel, but the staff accommodated me by swiping it several times to make certain that I could leave and come back with ease. The family that runs it are very sweet.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2018

We took our daughter back to college and the weather turned bad once we got to the college and we decided to stay and head home in the morning. Everything was great except the breakfast. The biscuits were rock hard and the gravy was watered down and had no taste. Which was upsetting to us cause we had a long drive home and not having a good breakfast besides toast wasn't what we thought.